Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish we know the reason behind the delay and how they match VIN to the orders, but yesterday someone configured late Jun, same config as mine is getting his car next week.
When I wasn't assigned a VIN yet, I contacted support and told them the story how someone with later order date, non-owner, same configuration, and location got assigned a VIN and delivery date. 2 days later i got my VIN, not sure if it was a coincidence or if they actually did something about it.

did you call 18885183752? Did they say anything when you called? Last couple times i called, they were giving generic answers.
Yes, I called the support number. I gave her the whole story (politely) about the CEV and that someone who ordered after me is getting the credit when we had identical orders. She gave me a generic answer like I am not sure what production is planning but your order should be coming soon and apologizing. I also got her email and I summarized it and resent to her.

If anyone wants to get a console wrap on their car, I got the Matrix Black wrap from Abstract Ocean. Really happy with the look of it.

Attachments

• 20180828_125754 (1).jpg
    20180828_125754 (1).jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 82
Question for those who have taken delivery -- is the ICBC agent on site at Tesla able/willing to do a license plate # transfer (from an existing car owned by me) or is s/he only issuing a new license plate? I'd like to keep my plate. It isn't a custom plate but I just prefer the old 111-AAA pattern to the current AA1-11A.

Thanks.

Question for those who have taken delivery -- is the ICBC agent on site at Tesla able/willing to do a license plate # transfer (from an existing car owned by me) or is s/he only issuing a new license plate? I'd like to keep my plate. It isn't a custom plate but I just prefer the old 111-AAA pattern to the current AA1-11A.

Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing. If I could transfer my old plates, otherwise maybe get one-day insurance and deal with the rest afterwards somewhere else. Might see you on Friday! :)

Reactions: m3snowy
The edit button for my order had disappeared on me probably 6 weeks ago, but the backdoor edit always worked (Tesla SSO – Login). Checked this morning and the backdoor edit no longer works...does it possibly mean I have a VIN?

First day reservation holder, configured Jun 26, AWD/Red/18"/EAP

Maybe not VIN, but DA should be reaching out soon, assuming there's no website error. That's what happened to me. Was reached out to the following business day. The VIN showed up for me after I got the financing stuff sorted and that I asked for it via email.

Took delivery at w. 4th today. Car is fantastic but it was certainly not detailed very well. Some tar like material on paint, really dusty dashboard area, glass surfaces dirty, and one small paint imperfection on the paint. Staff tried to convince me that it was just how it is and there's not much that can be done. Then reluctantly they said they would contact me in future for paint work. Also, after I left I took it straight home to detail and unfortunately I found 3 small paint chips :(. My advice to those that have not picked up their car - bring a really bright led flashlight and look over car carefully. Once you leave they will not cover paint chips - perhaps only obvious paint imperfections.

Overall, if you haven't received your car, it is worth the wait (despite some minor glitches I had).

• Helpful
Reactions: m3snowy
My edit button disappeared and Tesla reached out to me on Friday to get some info. In how many days should I expect delivery? I’m in town this coming week, but I’m on a business trip the following week and afraid the car can be delivered while I’m away. I want to take delivery ASAP in order to get the bc incentive.

My edit button disappeared and Tesla reached out to me on Friday to get some info. In how many days should I expect delivery? I’m in town this coming week, but I’m on a business trip the following week and afraid the car can be delivered while I’m away. I want to take delivery ASAP in order to get the bc incentive.
best suggestion I have to speed things up is to not trade in a vehicle if you don't have to. That was the biggest bottle neck for me.

For me, I was contacted Monday, car arrived in Vancouver Friday, and first available delivery was following Monday (due to arrival inspection). So transportation of vehicle took around 3-4 days. I am guessing their transportation only operate over non-holiday weekdays to saves significant amount of transportation cost. Best is to either talk to your DA or call the local DA to see if your car is in transit yet (yes, they have the ability to see if it has shipped from the factory). If it has, it will most likely be arriving end of next week and possibly book for next weekend pick up. If it hasn’t shipped by Tuesday then you may need to wait following week