Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery tomorrow will be at Powell as well; account still says West 4th but Toronto DA says that's a bug.

Do they have on-site parking on Powell? Or is it street parking?

It's limited, but there is street parking depending on the time you go. Can't park between 7:00am to 9:30am and after 3:00pm to 6:00pm.

I’m picking up my car on Monday at 7:30pm. Will there be lighting so I can inspect the paint and body?

It's an outdoor lot so just sunlight.

if you want to be certain, bring your own flashlight. Wish I did.

I brought a flashlight but still missed some spots, didn't notice the other issues until we were home. The corners of the rear bumper are chipped and missing paint. The bottom of mine is scratched up, I'm guessing from loading and unloading the car. Because it's white, it shows random defects like a hair and a black spec stuck in the base coat and cleared over it.

Reactions: m3snowy
It's limited, but there is street parking depending on the time you go. Can't park between 7:00am to 9:30am and after 3:00pm to 6:00pm.

It's an outdoor lot so just sunlight.

I brought a flashlight but still missed some spots, didn't notice the other issues until we were home. The corners of the rear bumper are chipped and missing paint. The bottom of mine is scratched up, I'm guessing from loading and unloading the car. Because it's white, it shows random defects like a hair and a black spec stuck in the base coat and cleared over it.

I read about bottom getting scratch up. What did they say when you call them?

I called the delivery department and was told to email them pictures. They submitted to the service center and they will reach out to me.

Are they still giving out the little red model 3 model?

I am taking delivery tmr, so far the whole process is totally not what I have expected. To be honest picking up a $75k car in a outdoor lot, under rainy weather not gonna be fun. I have low expectation going in tmr which helps I guess.

I am taking delivery tmr, so far the whole process is totally not what I have expected. To be honest picking up a $75k car in a outdoor lot, under rainy weather not gonna be fun. I have low expectation going in tmr which helps I guess.

Good luck! Honestly don't go in with high expectations. I'm glad I didn't do the home delivery otherwise I wouldn't have caught these things, even then I missed some there. Because the car is white, there were lots of dust on the seems of the car and a small amount in the car. I'm assuming it's from the forest fires on the west coast (between cali and here) and landed on the car during transport. I spent a good couple of hours cleaning the seams and windows, that's when I noticed the other areas with issues.

They have a large volume of cars to go through, so the detailers are doing things quickly. I don't blame them, but paying extra for the white paint, I was expecting it should come with an extra layer of attention. Since they can only do so much before quality drops, which is starting to show. I can only imagine how later deliveries would be like.

Last edited:

I’m picking up Monday as well and disappointed to hear it will be outdoors. The only salvation is that Tesla has been very good at addressing any issues.

Good luck! Honestly don't go in with high expectations. I'm glad I didn't do the home delivery otherwise I wouldn't have caught these things, even then I missed some there. Because the car is white, there were lots of dust on the seems of the car and a small amount in the car. I'm assuming it's from the forest fires on the west coast (between cali and here) and landed on the car during transport. I spent a good couple of hours cleaning the seams and windows, that's when I noticed the other areas with issues.

They have a large volume of cars to go through, so the detailers are doing things quickly. I don't blame them, but paying extra for the white paint, I was expecting it should come with an extra layer of attention. Since they can only do so much before quality drops, which is starting to show. I can only imagine how later deliveries would be like.

My car that I’m picking up on Monday is also white. Would you mind sharing photos of your defects so I know what to watch out for?

That is supper unfortunate. I was going in with a mindset that there would be a lot of problems and turned out there were only two small things in which Tesla has already scheduled me in service with rental vehicle. The surprising thing was they contacted me first as I had not had the time to call in yet.

Reactions: rounderjd
Cananyone who picked up recently or is scheduled for next week shed some light on when the final contract docs and concrete numbers (rather than "estimated") for balance due are visible? I'm picking up Monday, and the balance due according to the ISA and Tesla Finance is slightly lower than what the DA at the Powell Service Centre indicated. Because it's a bank draft, the numbers can't really be changed on the spot. And I'm trying to avoid messing things up by having the wrong (even if higher) number.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Cananyone who picked up recently or is scheduled for next week shed some light on when the final contract docs and concrete numbers (rather than "estimated") for balance due are visible? I'm picking up Monday, and the balance due according to the ISA and Tesla Finance is slightly lower than what the DA at the Powell Service Centre indicated. Because it's a bank draft, the numbers can't really be changed on the spot. And I'm trying to avoid messing things up by having the wrong (even if higher) number.

I'm pick up today (Sept 7th), and I found the final DMV docs on my Tesla account yesterday morning, with a timestamp of the day before (Sept 5th). My final amount is the same as the estimated one, and I've never been contacted by any Vancouver DA. I'm paying the full amount with a bank draft (no financing).

I picked up Tuesday and the local DA emailed me the final docs on Monday. I paid what the estimated said on my account