Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They say "Pay the final balance with an ACH transfer prior to delivery, or bring a check from your financial institution on delivery day. We will prompt you after this step." My delivery might be as soon as this weekend so I won't be able to get new cheques in time. I've never heard of this "ACH transfer" though, and can't really find out if my bank offers it online. Nor do I know any account details etc. for doing the transfer. Has anyone done this in Vancouver and knows more details?

ACH is a US term. ACH is not used in Canada.

ACH is comparable to what we refer to in Canada as an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer).

(I wish Tesla would have the good grace to use Canadian references and terms when doing business in Canada.)

I don't believe that Tesla accepts EFT in Canada, but I would be happy if someone can correct me on that.

I don't think you need to get new cheques. When they say, "bring a check from your financial institution on delivery day" I think they mean a certified cheque.

(Note as well that Tesla refers to "a check" while we refer to "cheques".)

Reactions: Dutchie and samk579
ACH is a US term. ACH is not used in Canada.

ACH is comparable to what we refer to in Canada as an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer).

(I wish Tesla would have the good grace to use Canadian references and terms when doing business in Canada.)

I don't believe that Tesla accepts EFT in Canada, but I would be happy if someone can correct me on that.

I don't think you need to get new cheques. When they say, "bring a check from your financial institution on delivery day" I think they mean a certified cheque.

(Note as well that Tesla refers to "a check" while we refer to "cheques".)

Many thanks. Indeed, some Canadian terms would be great.

I was thinking I need new cheques since the only ones we have list an old address, but apparently that's fine 99% of the time. A certified cheque indeed sounds correct, so I'll try to arrange that.

Exactly 4 full weeks from Order date to Scheduled Delivery, I did downgrade my order to black/black/18" in the first week.

Changed how? 4E turned into the $49k figure?

Now that's confusing. What did you end up paying and what configuration? I haven't seen anything about a $5660 discount for 2018 models, and frankly I don't want one - I'd rather have HW3 and the product of a more experienced production team.
Exactly 4 full weeks from Order date to Scheduled Delivery, I did downgrade my order to black/black/18" in the first week.

Changed how? 4E turned into the $49k figure?

Now that's confusing. What did you end up paying and what configuration? I haven't seen anything about a $5660 discount for 2018 models, and frankly I don't want one - I'd rather have HW3 and the product of a more experienced production team.

I actually didn't expect that discount and it is looks no sense to me for a randomly $5660 off. However, I was waiting for 2 hours in Delivery Center for the price fixing.

To: TomLee

Since we ordered on the same day, just wondering whether you received your "welcome letter" via email yet? Mine just came in today. See extract below:

Hi [PITA Customer],

Thank you for your order and welcome to the Tesla Family!

We will send you a reminder closer to your delivery date to confirm your Payment Details in full. Please confirm your Ownership Details in the interim, to avoid any delay with your order.​

From what I've read, it's just a form letter and we're supposed to ignore it, but I wonder if it's a sign the VIN countdown is on? I just hope I don't get blocked for a DOS attack on the Tesla website by checking so often!!

• Informative
Reactions: TomLee

Since we ordered on the same day, just wondering whether you received your "welcome letter" via email yet? Mine just came in today. See extract below:

Hi [PITA Customer],

We will send you a reminder closer to your delivery date to confirm your Payment Details in full. Please confirm your Ownership Details in the interim, to avoid any delay with your order.​

From what I've read, it's just a form letter and we're supposed to ignore it, but I wonder if it's a sign the VIN countdown is on? I just hope I don't get blocked for a DOS attack on the Tesla website by checking so often!!

@9-Volt Sounds you are ahead of me on that! I have only received two emails so far from Tesla, one "Thank you for your order" letter with a MVPA (not much detail on $#) on the same date I ordered; the other one is "Your Trade-In Offer is Ready" letter on the second day. I have rushed in all the documents they required in the first two days but haven't received anything since. Did they include a revised MVPA, VIN or delivery date in the email?

Anyway, it's a good sign at lease we were not forgotten! Looking around this forum, Tesla is delivering the early May orders now. So I figure it's about time for us to receive a letter from Tesla with a guesstimated delivery date in these two days. Best scenario for us is mid-Jun delivery, but consider the early to mid May surge, end of June delivery is acceptable.

Let me know if there's any update on your side. I'll do the same thing too. Thanks!

Hi [PITA Customer],

@TomLee @9-Volt
I received a similar email on May 27th at 6:27 am. (Ordered on May 12th).

Received an email from my new OA
"Thanks for document (lien document). Delivery day will update shortly"

• Informative
Reactions: TomLee
Thanks for the info guys!

I ordered in the afternoon of the 16th, so I'm betting yours is coming TomLee. Nagendra is a couple of days ahead of us, so the timing all seems to jive (and I agree with your spitballing of dates from what we're seeing).

Just wondering, Nagendra, did anyone ask you for your lien document? Are you stuck on the "trade-in" page on the website like I am (see below).

upload_2019-5-29_15-30-42.png

@TomLee @9-Volt
I received a similar email on May 27th at 6:27 am. (Ordered on May 12th).

Received an email from my new OA
"Thanks for document (lien document). Delivery day will update shortly"

Thanks for the info guys!

I ordered in the afternoon of the 16th, so I'm betting yours is coming TomLee. Nagendra is a couple of days ahead of us, so the timing all seems to jive (and I agree with your spitballing of dates from what we're seeing).

Just wondering, Nagendra, did anyone ask you for your lien document? Are you stuck on the "trade-in" page on the website like I am (see below).

View attachment 413374

Instead of email, I received a text message a min ago saying there’s a tentative delivery date for me! After that, I checked my Tesla account and saw the date on my page. No VIN and revised MVPA yet.

251EC2C3-C4EA-480E-8F6F-E8E40999119F.jpeg
6EDB5DCC-E138-4F9B-BE3C-29AA12166176.jpeg

I received the same text this afternoon and it lined up with what has shown on my account for the past week! Great to have some sort of confirmation!
BCE9C482-5A8A-479D-9EA1-2BDC009593FA.jpeg

D17F8B48-B24B-4842-95FB-E3D15EBCE9E5.jpeg

Also, confirmed with the DA today that we do get the J1772 and Nema 5-15, no mats and to ignore any amount owing that is shown until they confirm the amount.

What mats have you all ordered if any? I’m debating the Tuxmats or 3D Maxspiders.

What mats have you all ordered if any? I’m debating the Tuxmats or 3D Maxspiders.

I ended up getting the 3D Maxspiders from PartsEngine: PartsEngine. Folks on this site convinced me they're a little less hardcore than the Tuxmats for Vancouver (and the OEMs are OOS).

You have to use 2018, as their database hasn't been updated yet.

In stock and shipped to YVR for $195.29.

Apparently, OOS at Costco.

Edited to add: Noticed a coupon code of DAD10 for 10% off, which I didn't spot when I ordered. Suspect that makes it no more expensive than Costco, and in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: phtp
I received the same text this afternoon and it lined up with what has shown on my account for the past week! Great to have some sort of confirmation!
I got an email and a text from them today.. sounds similar to some others..
since I had may 1 order date I figured my June 4 delivery date was solid, but email today said the car is still in USA, and the June 4 date is now tentative.. ahh the rollercoaster, I hope they’re just shooting for lowered expectations..

I ended up getting the 3D Maxspiders from PartsEngine: PartsEngine. Folks on this site convinced me they're a little less hardcore than the Tuxmats for Vancouver (and the OEMs are OOS).

Edited to add: Noticed a coupon code of DAD10 for 10% off, which I didn't spot when I ordered. Suspect that makes it no more expensive than Costco, and in stock.

All weather OEM mats are IN STOCK
Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats

From the website, 3D Maxspiders ones does look nicer than the OEM ones.

I just ordered a set this morning from this website