Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver Service Center Does Not Replace Windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an FYI for all those that are unlucky to encounter similiar situation in the future.

Got rock chips driving down on Washinton USA highway. I brought my car to Speedy Glass for repair, resulted in biger crack and entire windshield glass needs to be replaced. I don't trust Speedy to handle the rest anymore, and googling appears to show Tesla service centers do this kind of replacement service so I went ahead submitted service request through app.

Got a text couple days leter informing me that "Tesla does not perform glass replacements in Vancouver and that you will need to contact an ICBC certified glass shop for further assistance. We recommend contacting Visions Auto Glass."

Since I have optinal coverage with BCAA, the process was simply calling BCAA to file a claim, tell them which shop I plan to bring my car to, and call that shop and give them BCAA's reference number (BCAA will also email that shop with authorization).

Can any auto glass place in Calgary do the work? I’d heard something about Tesla needing to calibrate the cameras afterwards too - is that the case?

This is the case with almost all systems with forward facing cameras behind the windshield. Contact service and see if they can remotely trigger recalibration? Or ask the glass shop if they already do so somehow.

I don't think any of the Service Centers will do that, I had my windshield replaced here in Bellevue WA and they had a auto glass company come out to do it since they were replacing it under goodwill. Since you're going through ICBC to get your windshield replaced under a claim then that's why they advised you to go through ICBC instead. Maybe you can ask them how they will calibrate the cameras after the windshield is replaced.