Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 12 UI Update - Regen Indicator straight up sucks - How do we get it moved back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regular 2019 M3 LR here - I received the v12 UI update last night and the first thing I noticed is the regen indicator (aka power use/regen indicator visulaization) that was previously located as a horizontal line in the top center has been moved to a tiny ~2 pixel vertical bar that has no padding against the left most screen and it's literally impossible to see with sunglasses on.

There is no longer a visible metric for center line (no power use or draw) - on my screen it also renders without clear upper and lower boundaries so it practically worthless. After driving all day, it seems as stupid as the decision to remove turn stalks. Question for this audiance is if there is a means to move it back or enlarge it?

Reactions: primedive
I 100% agree with you, it's totally useless again (it used to be just as thin horizontal a while back) and now even if you can see it, there's nothing to show where you're at on the bar with respect to 100% accel or regen.

Agreed.
I assume it might be possible to make a complaint to tesla about this sort of stuff but presumably it would just get lost in the noise.

I am pissed about their removing (for no reason) the quick-access drawer of favourited/most recently played radio stations & playlists that you used to be able to get by dragging up the little media player widget in bottom corner of the driver's side of the screen. Now there is no way for me to change to radio and select the station I want without opening the entire radio app, which covers the whole navigation window and is located on the wrong side of the screen (passenger side). Which is just stupid and dangerous :/

This is the first run for revamping/enhancing the layout. Give it time, I’m sure they will continue to improve. I like to see the line a little thicker and static increments while charging as that thin bar line is also seen now when charging. Or even better customization over the layout: colors,font size, location, animation, chimes. That would so cool-it’s your car, so make it they u want, personalized visual settings.