TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Version 7 Dash Display Short Video

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Jakob.J, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Jakob.J

Jakob.J Member

Hello,

I have found a short Video on Instagram of the new V7 Dash Interface. On the right of the Dashdisplay you can see the round energy graph in the middle theres a car. It looks pretty much like the Photos that we have already seen.

Link (quality is not that good): https://instagram.com/p/5iZgJSPcwX/

(sorry for my bad english)

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

If the main part of the new speedo display is a car at the center, obviously that's for Autopilot cars because it will show you the position of other cars around you, etc., as in Elon's demo back in October. But for those of us without Autopilot capability, are we going to be looking at an image of a car with nothing else happening, or will our screens be configured differently? I don't expect anyone to have an answer to this yet, but it would be great if we didn't just get a gimped version of the Autopilot speedo.

3. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

#3 wk057, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Well, did some analysis of the video.

The original poster says this is "P90 going 0-60 in 2.7" but the video shows a launch from 1 MPH to 54 MPH that takes 94 frames @ 30 FPS, or 3.13 seconds to go from 1 to 54 MPH, which means this is probably a normal P85D running the autopilot firmware. Extrapolation would estimate the actual 0-60 time at about 3.54 seconds, which would be on par with the "0"-60 times (with rollout) of 3.1s with the current P85D.

Of note is the movement of the power meter to the energy graph. If you note in the video the orange power bar is now around the energy "app" on the instrument cluster. The crappy contrast lower controls (for climate and such) at the bottom of the 17" display are definitely low contrast as mentioned in, and confirming, this note in the other autopilot/v7 info leak thread. Analysis of the video doesn't yield sufficient detail to quite make out those numbers, but it appears the lower portion is reporting some average Wh/mi.

The upper icons look similar but are different. The two main windows appear to be a bit more flat. I'm assuming the textures have been dumped as an effort to speed up the interface.

The video was made at 4:something PM.

The driver is listening to 94.9 WiLD-FM, a San Francisco based FM radio station, in HD.

Probably more details I can pull from it, but I'll leave it alone for now.

4. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

Something tells me this guy may be looking for work soon.

5. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

Seriously. I looked through some of the other videos by him and his buddies "working" in the Tesla factory. I'm not impressed...

6. matbl

matbl Member

Video seems gone. :(

7. anxman

anxman Member

Video pulled :(

8. Sogorman

Sogorman Member

Well I guess that is a non conformation conformation that that was indeed V7 or something close to it.

9. AC123

AC123 Banned

Judging based on his other Instagram posts, he was a tesla employee. I'm guessing he got yelled at for posting that video.
    Still since he was internal to Tesla, I would think this is no confirmation that 7.0 has been rolled out to anyone outside Tesla so far.
    autopilot delays are beyond frustrating at this point.

10. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

#10 wk057, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    (removed per request)

Rotated, enhanced a bit, and stabilized. Added the ticker at the bottom that starts at 0 when the launch starts. Definitely not 2.8s 0-60 when it takes longer than 3 to go from 1 to 54..

11. Sogorman

Sogorman Member

Reminds me of the classic CSI tv show line, "enhance, enhance...enhance" Now that I think of it, I am disappointed we were not able to get the vehicle's vin off a windshield reflection or something.... #fail! :)

12. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

So what do we think the two blurry patches of white are to the left and right hand sides of the speed readout, once he goes above about 30mph?

13. Sogorman

Sogorman Member

It actually looks like it kicks in at 20MPH, my guess would be some UI indication that AP is ready / available?

I don't think the speedo warning would pop up at 20MPH, most roads are at least 25MPH.

14. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

It's probably best not to dwell on it. It will come.

15. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Can the video be found anywhere else? I'd like to see it...

16. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

You're not missing much. My notes in this post above basically summarize everything learned from it.

17. R²B

R²B All Star

Can anyone upload to YT?

18. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

It's honestly not even worth it. It's a crap quality video (like VGA at best, from a good distance probably behind the passenger seat) that's shaky blury and crap contrast. It doesn't show anything at all beyond what I noted above.

19. PatD

PatD Member

Tesla reads these posts. CONFIRMED! (As if there was any doubt previously) :cool:

20. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Hmm?

If you're referring to me removing my link, this was nothing to do with Tesla.