Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 7 - Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all ..... what is the procedure for the software update ?

Will I get a notification from Mobile app to inform there is a new software version ?

Will the update automatically installed while charging tonight ?

How long does it takes to do the update ? and do I need to wait for the software to download ?

Thanks

Dear all ..... what is the procedure for the software update ?

Will I get a notification from Mobile app to inform there is a new software version ?

Will the update automatically installed while charging tonight ?

How long does it takes to do the update ? and do I need to wait for the software to download ?

Thanks

You'll get a notification in the mobile app and on the center console of the car. On the car it will give you the option to schedule the install, install immediately, or postpone. Usually updates take between 30 minutes to 2 hours. Given the comprehensive nature of 7.0 it will likely be on the longer side. The software is already downloaded when you get a notification. Keep your car plugged in and leave it alone while installing.

You'll get a notification in the mobile app and on the center console of the car. On the car it will give you the option to schedule the install, install immediately, or postpone. Usually updates take between 30 minutes to 2 hours. Given the comprehensive nature of 7.0 it will likely be on the longer side. The software is already downloaded when you get a notification. Keep your car plugged in and leave it alone while installing.

Only if it's iOS, will you get a notification in the Mobile App. (If I recall correctly)

Once the software has been downloaded to your car you will get a notification from the mobile app (IOS, can't comment on Android). Besides you will get a notification on the car's touch screen. You have to confirm on the touchscreen, that you want to install it. Installation will take about 1:40h and you can't use the car during that time.
There is no possibility to manually download or request the "push" to your car. Therefore you have to be patient. They can't push the update to all cars exactly at the same time. The internet might crash :wink:

This software update is mostly about Autopilot but I also understand there is a new interface. Would be interested to hear of anything that is non-autopilot related (I opted not to get the autopilot features in my build because I didn't really see the value in it personally). Particularly with respect to its media functionality.

Last edited:
Just downloaded 7.0 ... here are the release notes.
IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

Autopilot not mentioned in the release note? Not available in Hong Kong?
The guy that posted those screenshots is not in Hong Kong - and he's already spammed those images across multiple unrelated forum threads, some of which have already had other people post release notes...
Also, his signature says "Autopilot Hardware" - I guess that means he hasn't paid for the software?

"turn that radio down!"

*** WARNING *** when you update your software to OS 7.0, be sure to turn the volume of the radio down! I neglected to do this having only paused the music. Durring the download and reboot occurred, my radio kicked on and blasted the last internet music station I was listening to. This unfortunately upset my neighbor (can't believe they can't appreciate the likes of BTO). Luckily I did not update the operating system at 2 AM!

I hope you'll appreciate the serendipity of the song playing given the situation...

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy that posted those screenshots is not in Hong Kong - and he's already spammed those images across multiple unrelated forum threads, some of which have already had other people post release notes...
Also, his signature says "Autopilot Hardware" - I guess that means he hasn't paid for the software?

I see. Look forward for the real Hong Kong Version 7 autopilot review.