Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very happy with range on road trip in my LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A/C doesn’t affect the range much at all - far less than it does on an ICE vehicle.
Do you data on this?

Since temps have dropped from 90-96F to 70-80F, my drive has dropped from 260 wh/mi to 230 wh/mi. Same route, same driving style, only variable is ambient temp and AC not working as hard since the ambient temps have dropped.

I took a trip to SLO over the super hot weekend in California. This is on the way back from the trip from SLO to the bay area, info I got from TeslaFi. Surprised my drives are even on the leaderboard-

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.19.07 PM.png

I drove speed limit pretty much the whole way, on a 95% charge. The weather was hovering from 95F to 118F on the drive. I had the AC inside set to auto at 75F. I drove with three other adults. I got back home with 3% charge left. I think I could of gotten 225 miles if I didn't have to stop to drop my friends off. Pretty good imo.

Do you data on this?

Since temps have dropped from 90-96F to 70-80F, my drive has dropped from 260 wh/mi to 230 wh/mi. Same route, same driving style, only variable is ambient temp and AC not working as hard since the ambient temps have dropped.

I live in CA, and have recently done several weeks of testing on our model 3 in 100 degree weather, and it appears to me that the AC can affect wh/mile by prob 20-50wh depending on conditions and current state of the HVAC system (just turned on, was on previously, compressor running currently, etc).