Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration After Hitting Pothole, Service Center Says Car is Fine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, and what about that "gas pedal" vibration? sounds like a bigger problem that Tesla accidentally put a gas engine in your car :rolleyes:
Seriously though. I tend to think that this could just be a simple issue of not properly balancing the tire(s) during the repair. I would check that first. As other folks said, get the tech in the car with you for a test drive.

Uh, and what about that "gas pedal" vibration? sounds like a bigger problem that Tesla accidentally put a gas engine in your car :rolleyes:
Haha I was wondering if anyone would catch that...

Seriously though. I tend to think that this could just be a simple issue of not properly balancing the tire(s) during the repair. I would check that first. As other folks said, get the tech in the car with you for a test drive.
I noticed that they didn't put any weights on the newest wheel. Wonder if that has something to do with it??

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I’m going through the same issue now. I hit a pot hole and blew both left tires. They said the rims were fine and new tires balanced but I get the same vibration as the OP mentioned and a humming sound. Tech said it was normal.

I’m going through the same issue now. I hit a pot hole and blew both left tires. They said the rims were fine and new tires balanced but I get the same vibration as the OP mentioned and a humming sound. Tech said it was normal.
When you spin the tires up can you see run out in the rim either inside or outside? Sounds like your service technician is just plain incompetent

Oddly, this may also be the result of bent suspension strut, as we found after months/years of trying to fix a high-mileage 2013 Model S P85 that had similar issues.

It was more prominent on long, sweeping turns, which gave Tesla Engineering the clue on what to suggest, this after soooo many other parts had been replaced (at no cost, thanks to Tesla's ESA:).