Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration + Creeking Suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

Anyone experienced vibration when accelerating from 20-40mph at around 50% throttle on a 100D? Also the rear suspension creeks when going from 0-5 mph gently... The front suspension did the same thing and the replaced it, now the rear one creeks...

Went to Tesla service and was told the creek was not a problem after they tried to fix it 4 times, also the vibration is normal and was told to set the suspension to "low"...

Cheers!

Reactions: MelaniainLA
My car will be picked up by towing company in a few minutes. There was a slight creaking sound at low speed, followed a few days later by a dramatic, violent jink to the left, enough to take the car out of my lane. Very, very bad problem. Recommend you deal with it quickly.

My car will be picked up by towing company in a few minutes. There was a slight creaking sound at low speed, followed a few days later by a dramatic, violent jink to the left, enough to take the car out of my lane. Very, very bad problem. Recommend you deal with it quickly.
This is a bit disturbing. Do you have more information about this? What year is your X?

Thank you, dropped the car off over a month ago and still have not received it back, changed a bunch of shafts, structs, etc etc but they said they still cant find/fix the issue...

We have a March 2017 MX, 100D

If it's the creaking sound when going over speed bumps or road undulations, then it is the front air suspension shocks. I had both fronts replaced for this problem and the creaking is gone. If it's the groan/shudder problem, then you need the 1/2 shafts replaced. I've also had this done several times (as they don't seem to last long).

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA