Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Victoria Destination Charging Across Victoria Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the independent DCAV sites in Yackandandah (just south of Albury-Wodonga) has opened. On Chargefox network.

Another one in the Indigo shire, Beechworth, will be on the Evie network.

I notice there have been a couple of changes on Evie’s list of sites:

Before:
1664014333578.jpeg

Now:
1664014305168.jpeg

Corryong would have been nice on my trip through there on the recent weekend, more for the SR+ Model 3 that was with us than me since it is a fairly difficult run from Wodonga to Jindabyne otherwise.

Access to Wilson's Promontory looks to be solved, with Meeniyan only 74km from Tidal River, nice.

The East Gippsland Council Your say page has been updated
"UPDATED COMPLETION DATE FOR STAGE 1 IS MID DECEMBER 2022."

This.
Western Victoria through this area has a huge gap in missing charger infrastructure.
Driving from surf coast to and around the malee is a bit of a deadspace right now

You've got Ballarat / Horsham / Bendigo as the only locations around that sort of area with super fast DC charging and if you're like me you travel through Avoca / St Arnaud / Donald / Birchip which is just nothing right now

At 300ish KM from the surfcoast to Wycheproof a DC charger in St Arnaud or even Avoca is quite literally perfect for that trip. Small 10-15 minute stop before/after half way and you're guaranteed to make the trip. Ballarat stop is the only real option currently and it almost feels like a waste of a stop but would be needed to guarantee you make it

300km in a MY RWD on mostly highway is running the risk of going flat with nothing around if you have bad weather

Reactions: AussieOwner
Driving from surf coast to and around the malee is a bit of a deadspace right now

You've got Ballarat / Horsham / Bendigo as the only locations around that sort of area with super fast DC charging and if you're like me you travel through Avoca / St Arnaud / Donald / Birchip which is just nothing right now

At 300ish KM from the surfcoast to Wycheproof a DC charger in St Arnaud or even Avoca is quite literally perfect for that trip. Small 10-15 minute stop before/after half way and you're guaranteed to make the trip. Ballarat stop is the only real option currently and it almost feels like a waste of a stop but would be needed to guarantee you make it

300km in a MY RWD on mostly highway is running the risk of going flat with nothing around if you have bad weather

EVERY town like the ones listed needs a couple of chargers, long term, its the only way you can drive without worry. Its seriously an overall tiny amount of money to install a couple of 75kW chargers to start with.

Bairnsdale, Wangarata and Mildura all now have coming soon EVIE chargers on plugshare.

The Mildura one shows a progress photo, single charger install with markings for the two bays already. This will be in addition to the 2 NRMA chargers already in town at another site.

The Bairnsdale charger is a different site to the council charger. So looks like Bairnsdale is set to have three providers, Council, EVIE and Tesla.

Still awaiting someone to help plug the gaps on the Western Fwy. 1 Charger in all of Melton Shire (fastest growing shire in the state). No Chargers in Moorabool Shire at all (most of the Western Fwy Councils between Ballarat & Melbourne).
Biggest gap is 70 km between Warrenheip and Melton South? Or 85 km between Warrenheip and Taylors Lakes if you talking 350 kW only?

Sure, more would be nice as a backup but it's completely navigable by pretty much any EV on the market.

Reactions: WoodWombat
The point being is how many equivalent petrol stations are in that area of the world (or any part). Charging infrastructure needs to keep alliterating before people (especially older people who are used to the convenience of a 'servo' ) will take EVs seriously.