Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video 15' 85D Steering Click

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds like (but is much worse than) a click I had. Mine only manifested when turning to near full lock and only in one direction (I forget which now). I didn't pay much attention to it, but eventually I had it at the service center for something else and they noticed the click and replaced some bushings as part of a service bulletin, which fixed it.

I would definitely have your service center look at it. I'm sure they'll be able to get it fixed right up for you.

I have exactly same issue:

I was told it's a known issue, they 'fixed' it.. but noise stayed the same. Then they said there's a second modification that needs to be done on D models. I'm taking the car tomorrow again to have it fixed, they said it's not a safety issue.

@blee321

I had a similar issue. Took it to the SC and they had a listen and immediately diagnosed it as a known issue with a service bulletin. They fixed it and the loud creaking noise went away. There are a few clicking noises as I get to the end of the turning radius, but I am told this is normal and present on every vehicle.

Hi all,
I'd like to update the status of the creaking.
It was repaired!!
I've attached a copy of the invoice.
Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_2594.PNG
    IMG_2594.PNG
    607.1 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Big-Al