TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[video] Model 3 vs Model S: An unfair range test on Russian roads

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by IgorAntarov, Apr 13, 2018.

1. IgorAntarov

IgorAntarov Member

Here is a first road test of our Model 3 in a rough road conditions on wild Russian roads.
    Model 3 vs Model S, ~400 km to go, no chargers around - will they make it?

ps: This video is from our's main english youtube channel. I don't know if it's ok to post here every test we do. But I thought this one should be interesting to the community.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Interesting test.

Not a fan of the idea encouraging people that Tesla can go below 0. I know someone who titally stopped on a highway without shoulders at 8 miles range left.

3. IgorAntarov

IgorAntarov Member

Thanks. I would say it's more like discouraging. No one would like to end up on a tow truck.
    This time it was made for test purposes only.

4. drawfour

drawfour Member

This is something I'm going to have to get used to. I'm used to being able to go at least 20 miles from when my display first shows "0 miles left". Quite often, I use the 0 miles left as my indicator to go to a gas station. At least with the Tesla, I'll be charging at home, so less likely to have that, but I'm just worried I'll have to learn my lesson the hard way one time to retrain myself. :)

5. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

Igor, interesting that you did not use the aero covers on your 18" wheels. The model 3 would have even greater range (maybe 5%) if you had used the aero covers.

• Informative x 1
  6. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Great video! I also saw Ben sullins did a range test on his M3 using his aftermarket 20 wheels, uhp tires and the lower UP springs. He got 281 miles which makes sense given the estimated 10-15% hit in range for the larger wheels and stickier tires.