Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN 58XXX Quarter End Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our White / Black / 20" / Tow MY was delivered yesterday. Straight to the door. I had asked to pick up at Fremont because i was worried of all the issues I've read and was expecting a madhouse day. I was also concerned that the quality of these quarter end vehicles would be worse due to the rush. I guess some communications got crossed and the car literally showed up at the door and we got an e-mail saying that we had to accept the car. No knock at the door, no notification that the car was arriving, so we have no clue when it was actually delivered.

This is our 2nd Tesla the first a 2018 Model 3. I went through my checklist and the drill expecting to need a service visit to fix or tweak little bits. after 1 hour i found 0 issues. panel alignment, no funky discoloration of the bumper. Nothing. I started even nit picking where I had issues crop up on the 3 to see if I could shake free a rattle or anything. Nada.

Now all I have to do is wait for a home service appointment because they don't install homelink by default anymore! Had we not test drove the Y to determine if we wanted a performance or LR, we would've had 0 human interaction for purchasing this vehicle. Crazy.

Anyways, just wanted to share a good story since it's easy to just put the horror ones in the forums.

My Model 3 was delivered in the same way at the end of 4th Qtr 2019. Painless for me also. Now I wait to repeat the process for the MY I just ordered. Thanks for relating a positive experience. They will become more common as we partner with Tesla in the creation of this new paradigm.