Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned - in the 100Ks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i wish tesla delivery center do a predelivery inspection before give the car to their customer!

this will catch many obvious issue and give tesla a better reputation
Me, too, but it's tough, especially at quarter end. I test drove an AWD LR MY last Friday (had previously only driven MYP) and I asked about the end of year. Sales guy said that they were delivering 50 cars a day the last week of December. Not much opportunity to do QA at that point, I'm afraid.

View attachment 628825 View attachment 628824 View attachment 628825 Picked it up yesterday! Car is great and loving it so far. I was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday (1/20) but drove by the sales center to see the car sitting just outside the showroom on display. So I went inside to see if I could take delivery sooner, and they said “absolutely - how about today?” (my sales advisor was out until Wednesday so I think that’s why my delivery was set for that day). It was my birthday yesterday so I was pretty thrilled!

The car is great! Really happy with the build quality and didn’t noticed anything that stuck out when going through my checklist (I used the one linked on this thread).

So what’s updated on mine (VIN 102XXX) with all the rumored upcoming updates: It’s got the original black piano finished console, the steering wheel with the medal buttons (there is no heated option in the climate settings but hoping that pops up with a software update), double paned glass, the original headlights, I’m assuming it does not have the new HEPA filter either.

I would have loved to have some of those options, but more than anything, I delayed the purchase of the Y for Tesla to improve build quality and as I said, mine is built very well. I also wanted to wait until the turn of the year to avoid the Missouri personal property tax until 2022, which I did by not owning it on 12/31/20.

So all things considered, I’m thrilled! Such a great experience all around and can’t wait to enjoy the car every day! Good luck to all you waiting - it’s worth it!
Congrats and happy birthday!
When was it manufactured?

Hi All! New here. I ordered a Model Y LR Dual Motor on January 17th. I was originally told it would arrive by February 5th. However, I've already received a VIN (108XXX), and it's set to be delivered by February 3rd. Oh...I have an order placed for a Mustang Mach-E (Reveal Night Reservation). When my delivery was delayed from February 1st to March 30th, I decided I have enough. I wanted to test drive the Model Y. I test drove it on January 16th and ordered it the next day. I can't wait. I'm HOPING the car will come with the heated steering wheel.

i wish tesla delivery center do a predelivery inspection before give the car to their customer!

this will catch many obvious issue and give tesla a better reputation

I think some do, here in ATL when we picked up our Y the delivery person told us about a bad paint spot they fixed and told us where it was to see if we were satisfied with it, you could barely see it, if you knew where to look and was looking from the right angle.

Took delivery yesterday of a 101XXX VIN LR AWD. Overall fit and finish good without any major issues. Metal scroll wheels, USB in glove box, old console and headlights, and no heated steering wheel.

I am in Dallas area and waiting to take delivery of my SR. I ordered on Jan 17, was scheduled to take delivery on 1/27 but was told that due to delay in transportation it has been rescheduled to 1/29.

How was your experience with the delivery process? I opted for home delivery instead of picking it up from Tesla SC in Plano.

Reactions: Tedkidd
Had a smooth M3 trade in/MY pick up on Saturday, Feb 6 for VIN 100-. It has all the features people are mentioning and none of the ones that no one says they have. The only real issue was dark finger marks on the white seats.

I’m trying to imagine what goes through the head of the person with black shmutz on their hands reaching around and touching different parts of the white seats in a brand new MY. I think I was able to remove most of it and protect the seats with Optimum Protectant Plus.

Other than that it’s been great. Unfortunately I haven’t really had the chance to drive it much but I already installed the Tesla splash guards and I also plan to install the rear door PPF they sell sometime this week. I hope the fact that it’s quite cold out won’t make that much of a difference.

I’m trying to imagine what goes through the head of the person with black shmutz on their hands reaching around and touching different parts of the white seats in a brand new MY. I think I was able to remove most of it and protect the seats with Optimum Protectant Plus.

Picked up my Y on 12/31 at the factory and every Y I saw had black shmutz all over the headliner. You would think this would be a thing they could avoid by now.