Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin Assignment Times?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen all times of the day when people first notice their VIN assignment. I first noticed my VIN sometime around 5pm Eastern the day I got it. I’ve seen many others report getting assigned VINs overnight and this seems to be the more common occurrence. But it appears that a VIN could show up in your Tesla account at pretty much any time of day.

I'm holding out hope that they'll squeeze me in before EOQ but chances are looking slim! My buddy got his white aero and I saw it the other day which didn't make the wait any easier.

Ah - I missed the fact that you're in California (thought you were in Canada for some reason :) ). Yeah, they may try to squeeze you in this week to hit their numbers! Good luck.

After ordering, what's the typical time it takes to receive a VIN? Does this transpire before I fiddle with my trade-in?

Yes, I received my VIN before I was able to do anything regarding my trade-in. My trade-in info was submitted to Tesla through my Tesla account about 3 days after I received my VIN and I got the trade-in valuation from Tesla the following day. The trade-in stuff is something that needs to be enabled on your Tesla account and likely won't be activated until you've already received a VIN.

• Helpful
Reactions: vinnie97