Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN numbering (F552) - can you infer prior rejection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just assigned VIN F552 yesterday for a MYP. Delivery is 9/23.

I see others with VIN in the F561 range.

Is there any way to tell how old F552 is compared to F561?

Is it likely mine was rejected? Or more likely a cancel/lack of funding rejection?

I just changed my order to MYP on Monday and delivery is Friday, so clearly this was someone else’s order initially.

You really can't tell. My understanding is that Tesla builds similar cars in batches so they may do a bunch of blue ones even though the VIN's aren't sequential. So you could end up with an 'older' VIN. You can ask the SA for the exact build date. That's the best way to determine what the status might be. The sticker on the car only gives month/year.

You really can't tell. My understanding is that Tesla builds similar cars in batches so they may do a bunch of blue ones even though the VIN's aren't sequential. So you could end up with an 'older' VIN. You can ask the SA for the exact build date. That's the best way to determine what the status might be. The sticker on the car only gives month/year.
Thanks. Hopefully it’s a September build date!

I haven’t read much about recycled rejects but I assume they keep getting offered until someone bites.

Mine is F556
It’s a Fremont build. How do you guys know when was the birth date of the car? Also how do I know if it will have ryzen chip

As @Zalick said, you have to ask the delivery people or sales advisor. You can ask them "what is the born on date for this vin I am assigned" and they should be able to tell you.

I am not sure exactly when in the build process the vin gets assigned, but that date is considered the cars birth date so you can see how "old" it theoretically is with that information.

(@Zalick , congratulations!)

Reactions: Zalick