Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN unmatched after trade in quote request?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a model 3 assigned to me for a couple of weeks now and all was going great. Was supposed to take delivery next month.
Called Tesla to ask to re-quote me a trade in that they had quoted me some months ago but that had now expired..

The advisor on the phone said he submitted the details and I would hear back within 24hrs.
Cool....

I now have checked my account and checked my VIN (just to see if there were any changes) using the chrome extension... and it now says I have been unmatched?! :mad::mad:
I can’t help it but think it has to do with the quote I’ve requested...?

I’m quite annoyed as the car was on the early ships and should have been delivered in 2nd week or 3rd of March... now I don’t even know if I will get one this quarter! :(:(
Has this happened before? Do you think it is to do with the quote request?

I had a model 3 assigned to me for a couple of weeks now and all was going great. Was supposed to take delivery next month.
Called Tesla to ask to re-quote me a trade in that they had quoted me some months ago but that had now expired..

The advisor on the phone said he submitted the details and I would hear back within 24hrs.
Cool....

I now have checked my account and checked my VIN (just to see if there were any changes) using the chrome extension... and it now says I have been unmatched?! :mad::mad:
I can’t help it but think it has to do with the quote I’ve requested...?

I’m quite annoyed as the car was on the early ships and should have been delivered in 2nd week or 3rd of March... now I don’t even know if I will get one this quarter! :(:(
Has this happened before? Do you think it is to do with the quote request?
can i ask about the chrome extension you mention?

Update: spoke to a lovely Tesla staff in Norway and she reassured me the same VIN (I took a screenshot :D) is still assigned to me!
It’s probably not showing on the source just because the account went back into the stage where you can select your delivery centre, etc and that is to allow me to accept/refuse the trade in value of my existing car.
Again, probably, once I accept/refuse their quote the account is going to go back on the “drafting contract stage” and is going to show my VIN again! :D:D:D

Reactions: Jez_GB
Just to confirm, in case anyone finds themselves in my position... before you hyperventilate...

my theory has been proved.
I have just accepted the quote and submitted ownership proof and boom! My VIN has reappeared! (The same one)

Reactions: Roy W.