Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply Duma. Both computers are running Windows 7 Home Premium. The VT version that works is 0.50.07. I had installed the same version on the computer where it didn't work, so found and installed version 0.50.08 and that still didn't work. I didn't realize you could select the version of Java that it used. I thought it automatically used the version that comes with the installation package. I have completely removed and reinstalled it on the non working machine many times, without success.

Since installing the last OSX update (El Capitan 10.11.1) Visual Tesla no longer launches for me. from launching. It just bobs in the task bar then exits. Anyone else see this?

Im running VT on El Capitan fine. Make sure you download Java again as apple doesnt include it in their operating systems. Most Java apps break after a major OS update until you download java again.

Thanks for the reply Duma. Both computers are running Windows 7 Home Premium. The VT version that works is 0.50.07. I had installed the same version on the computer where it didn't work, so found and installed version 0.50.08 and that still didn't work. I didn't realize you could select the version of Java that it used. I thought it automatically used the version that comes with the installation package. I have completely removed and reinstalled it on the non working machine many times, without success.

Thanks. That information helps. Next I want to confirm that you are starting VT by using the vtrunner.bat file, either clicking on it directly or, if you installed the short cut, by clicking on the short cut. In either case, it should be using the Java version that comes with the installation package. However, if you double click on the VisibleTesla.jar file itself, Windows will pick some other Java version that may be installed on the system.

I am running VT on Windows 7 Home Premium as well and my experience is like your machine that works. So I have not personally experienced your failure mode and making some guesses as what could be wrong. First step is to confirm that you are getting the Java that came with VT.

Thanks again, Duma. Yes, I am running it by clicking on the shortcut, which does run vtrunner.bat and should use the correct Java. That's why I've been stumped. I've also tried double clicking on VisibleTesla.jar but that does nothing. I've looked at the files that come with the distribution package and it does appear to contain its own version of Java, and the shortcut does point to that package. There must be something going on with that particular machine that is causing it not to run. I was hoping that the whole list of error messages would help point to the culprit.

I haven't been able to log in to VisibleTesla for a few months. Finally sat down to try to correct the issue and was surprised to find that no newer version was available -- and that there doesn't seem to have been a new version in a year (at least for Windows). Am I missing something? Are folks using a different program now?

I haven't been able to log in to VisibleTesla for a few months. Finally sat down to try to correct the issue and was surprised to find that no newer version was available -- and that there doesn't seem to have been a new version in a year (at least for Windows). Am I missing something? Are folks using a different program now?

This keeps popping up.

There were major changes made by Tesla, requiring major changes to Visible Tesla.

You probably need the version of the software available in this post:

VisibleTesla - Page 174

This post explains the background: VisibleTesla - Page 154

Can't post 1 be updated to reflect this? Is it realistic to expect someone to find a post in the middle of a 211 page thread that explains the issue, especially if some people only occasionally browse this thread/forum.

Updating the first post in the thread could help, but I expect more times than not someone familiar with Visible Tesla is unlikely to go back to that first post to check anyway.

There are a few of us who regularly answer those who pose a question like the one above pretty quickly. It may not be the perfect solution, but I think it is working reasonably well.

I know I check the first post with some regularity and wish it was up to date. I'm around pretty often, but this thread is hard for even me to keep up on. I wonder if we could get the mods to enable the Wiki for this thread. I believe that makes a post between the first and second that anyone can modify. Might be a nice place to keep the current status of things.

I have been using VT 0.50.08 for many months and recently it stopped displaying the map on the Location tab. Anybody else have this problem?

The Location tab shows the various icons and labels but doesn't render the satellite image or the street map. When the car is in motion, it looks like the normal display and the little car "arrowhead" moves and turns, but there is nothing to show where it is.

Any ideas?

John

I have not used VT for a while now, but fired Version 0.50.08 up today to use in on my 90D. It seem quite confused by the configuration: it calls it a 70D, it can't figure out it has a sunroof and the wheels show standard 19" instead of cyclones.

I used to render my original S85 correctly. Is there any thing I can do to update the data so the 90D looks right?

I have not used VT for a while now, but fired Version 0.50.08 up today to use in on my 90D. It seem quite confused by the configuration: it calls it a 70D, it can't figure out it has a sunroof and the wheels show standard 19" instead of cyclones.

I used to render my original S85 correctly. Is there any thing I can do to update the data so the 90D looks right?

You can set at least some of those things under Prefs/Overrides. Instead of the default value "From Car" switch the values for any of the items that are wrong to what you actually have. You should be able to change the roof and the wheels. I don't think the model (90D) is available yet as a selection.

Thanks again, Duma. Yes, I am running it by clicking on the shortcut, which does run vtrunner.bat and should use the correct Java. That's why I've been stumped. I've also tried double clicking on VisibleTesla.jar but that does nothing. I've looked at the files that come with the distribution package and it does appear to contain its own version of Java, and the shortcut does point to that package. There must be something going on with that particular machine that is causing it not to run. I was hoping that the whole list of error messages would help point to the culprit.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been busy with the election that was held yesterday.

Unfortunately, by this point we have eliminated most of the easy stuff. By any chance, does the machine with the problem have an application based on Java installed? I don't mean the Java runtime itself, but an application which just happens to be implemented in Java. At the risk of getting a bit technical, such an application might be setting some Windows environment variables that is causing Java to load libraries that conflict with the ones supplied with VT.

Another approach would be to look at the VT log files. This may provide some additional clues beyond error message that you provided. You should see a folder named VisibleTesla in your Documents folder. Inside this folder you should see some files like visibletesla-00.log or visibletesla-00 with a type of text document. Rather than cluttering this thread, PM with the contents, if you are willing, so I can compare it with what I see in the log files on my machine.

I have been playing with a version over the last couple of days

There is no 90d models supported yet, though your option codes shouldn't be that different.
can you send the option codes and list your config? No need for Vin. If Joe or Ben doesn't get to it I will try and send a pull request in the code. I have images in for p and 90d, though not the same style (pulled from vehicle configuration on TM site)

TM continues to update the option codes and most are reverse-engineered based on model into. Not sure you all know how much tenacity Joe has had here, though we all owe him at least one frosty beverage of his choice ;-)