Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, if you think of a variable you'd like to use, but which isn't currently in the list of supported options, let me know. I'll look into adding it.

Joe, I'm really liking the custom email subject/text in 0.27.02! Given that many of the notifications are charging-related, I'd suggest adding some or all of the other fields you make available on the Charge tab, e.g. Current, Voltage, Charge Rate, Charger Power, Time Left, if they're easy to add. Frankly, if they were available I'd probably put all of them into the body of a "Charging state becomes X" email.

For what it's worth, my custom subject is as follows:
SOC: {{RATED}}{{D_UNITS}} ({{SOC}}%), {{CHARGE_STATE}}

I'm using :
Subject: C: {{CHARGE_STATE}} / {{SOC}}% / {{IDEAL}} {{D_UNITS}}

this way i get the complete information in the email notifications on the phone, no need to open and read it. I would like to see {{C_CURRENT}} - the charging current, as well as the Pilot current.

There seems to be a small anomaly in the graph. The lines do not appear any more. Markers are OK. When I select lines only I get a blank graph.

Tried 00.27.01 again and it works fine.

Thanks again for a fabulous program.

Hi MichaelS,

There was a change in 0.27.02 that impacts how lines are drawn. You may have hit a bug. Would you check the preferences tab and look at the new "Graphs" section? There is a checkbox called "Ignore Gaps" that enables the new line option. It should be off by default which keeps the old behavior.

Let me know,
Joe

Planning to remove obscure setting in a future release

I'm planning to remove the "Store files with app" setting from the advanced preferences in a future release.

I suspect that the vast majority of you have never heard of that setting, which is as it should be. It was added as a transitional mechanism as I changed the default location for file storage.

If there is anyone still using this option, let me know. I'd like to talk about how to deal with the transition.

Joe

I'm planning to remove the "Store files with app" setting from the advanced preferences in a future release.

I suspect that the vast majority of you have never heard of that setting, which is as it should be. It was added as a transitional mechanism as I changed the default location for file storage.

If there is anyone still using this option, let me know. I'd like to talk about how to deal with the transition.

Joe

Joe,
I actually heard of it and looked at it for a moment. No, don't use it. I vote to just do away with it. Maybe you could put code in where if someone is using it, it would pop up a message saying it was going away soon.

No, this doesn't seem to be supported through the known REST interfaces. I would very much like to be able to change scheduled start as well as charge current from the phone. While we are at it the odometer reading needs to move off streaming, that is just silly. Unless I am driving REALLY fast I don't need the ODO several times / second. It is a hassle to have to query streaming just to get the current ODO for my logging.

I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to change the charging rate while the Model S is charging. and not with the Tesla iPhone app either
Am I missing something? I can do that with OVMS for my Roadster.
michael

Hi Michael,

This request has come up before and unfortunately, there is no known way of doing this through the API. Nor is there a way to change the car's on-board charging schedule. Wish I could help, but it will take a change by Tesla to make this possible.

Joe

Hey! Great feature request from another thread... Camping mode. Set a start and stop time for it to turn the HVAC system on every 30 minutes. (like start at 10pm and stop at 7am)

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/28290-Camping-how-to-keep-HVAC-on-over-30min

Am considering some car camping so would love the feature too.

-m

Thanks for posting the thread here. I was the OP who suggested using visible tesla. I think the scheduler will work as is. It could be made slightly easier to use if there was a camp mode toggle. While on, the scheduler would send the HVAC on command every 29 minutes. I still haven't tested this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Thanks for posting the thread here. I was the OP who suggested using visible tesla. I think the scheduler will work as is. It could be made slightly easier to use if there was a camp mode toggle. While on, the scheduler would send the HVAC on command every 29 minutes. I still haven't tested this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Yes, this should work just fine as long as your car has cellular data coverage at the campground and you leave VisibleTesla running the whole time. You'll have to set up all of the individual HVAC On commands, but that's it.

You could also use teslams to do this at the command line or with cron.

Joe, I'm really liking the custom email subject/text in 0.27.02! Given that many of the notifications are charging-related, I'd suggest adding some or all of the other fields you make available on the Charge tab, e.g. Current, Voltage, Charge Rate, Charger Power, Time Left, if they're easy to add. Frankly, if they were available I'd probably put all of them into the body of a "Charging state becomes X" email.

For what it's worth, my custom subject is as follows:
SOC: {{RATED}}{{D_UNITS}} ({{SOC}}%), {{CHARGE_STATE}}

All of those variables will be in the next release.

Hi MichaelS,

There was a change in 0.27.02 that impacts how lines are drawn. You may have hit a bug. Would you check the preferences tab and look at the new "Graphs" section? There is a checkbox called "Ignore Gaps" that enables the new line option. It should be off by default which keeps the old behavior.

Let me know,
Joe

Joe -
I'm not getting any lines on my graph data -- came up that way in default with 0.27.02. Clicking or unblocking the "Ignore Gaps" option does nothing. The slider also appears to do nothing.

FWIW, I prefer the original method and really don't like the no-lines option. Don't mind the lines that connect gaps...

Joe -
I'm not getting any lines on my graph data -- came up that way in default with 0.27.02. Clicking or unblocking the "Ignore Gaps" option does nothing. The slider also appears to do nothing.

FWIW, I prefer the original method and really don't like the no-lines option. Don't mind the lines that connect gaps...

Yeah, I seem to have screwed this up. This was supposed to be off by default so everyone should have seen the old behavior and the folks that asked for this would have to go do something. Check the post by Kalud above and see if that helps you for the time being. I'll get it worked out for the next release.

Joe

----- Update -----

I've identified the problem and fixed it in my local version of the code. I'll try to get a bug-fix release out soon.

Last edited:
VisibleTesla 0.27.03 is available

VisibleTesla 0.27.03 is available for direct download or through the Update menu item. For developers, github has been updated.

• The Mac bundled application can always is here
  • The Windows and Linux version is here

This is a minor release with a bug fix, some additional variables for use in messages, and a mostly internal change to where application files are stored. For developers: the github repos are up to date with this release.

VisibleTesla 0.27.03 [06-22-2014]
  • User-Visible Changes
    • General
      • Refinement: Log files are now stored in the same location as other program data files. You should never need to know or think about this unless you are reporting a bug.
    • Login
    • Overview
    • HVAC
    • Graphs
      • Fix: The Ignore Gaps preference that was introduced in the last release was a little overzealous. The graph would ignore gaps in data even if this preference was turned off. That is fixed now and changes to the preference are recognized immediately.
    • Trips
    • Scheduler
    • Notify
      • Refinement: Added new variables for custom messages including {{TIME_TO_FULL}}, {{C_RATE}}, {{C_AMP}}, {{C_VLT}}, {{C_PWR}}. For details, please refer to the documention on the Notify Tab.
    • Prefs
      • Refinement: The advanced preference that allowed you to keep program data files in the application folder has been removed. App files (including logs) are now always kept in the user folder. There is still a button which allows you to display the subfolder where these files are kept. Now instead of just popping up a dialog with the name of the folder, it actually opens the folder in Finder or Explorer.
  • Under-the-covers
  • Known problems