Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visiting Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I'm from South Africa and I will be visiting Australia(Sydney) from July 16 2015 for about 3 weeks. :smile:
Unfortunately Tesla do not have any stores in RSA so I have not had the pleasure of seeing or riding in a physical Model S as yet, so I plan to visit the Tesla Store in Sydney during my visit.
Does anyone know from experience or other if they offer test rides/drives? I did read somewhere that they did not?

Failing which, are there any planned Tesla meets during this period, would be awesome to meet some of you while I'm Down Under! :smile:

Many Thanks,
Russ

Hi Everyone,

I'm from South Africa and I will be visiting Australia(Sydney) from July 16 2015 for about 3 weeks. :smile:
Unfortunately Tesla do not have any stores in RSA so I have not had the pleasure of seeing or riding in a physical Model S as yet, so I plan to visit the Tesla Store in Sydney during my visit.
Does anyone know from experience or other if they offer test rides/drives? I did read somewhere that they did not?

Failing which, are there any planned Tesla meets during this period, would be awesome to meet some of you while I'm Down Under! :smile:

Many Thanks,
Russ

Hi RussellJ,
Welcome to Sydney.
The Tesla store is at 10 Herbert Street St Leonards.
If you are staying in the city you can catch the train to St Leonards Station and the store is an easy 5 minute walk from the station.
Might be a good idea to approach your local motoring association to get an International Drivers Permit so that your RSA license is valid in Australia for insurance purposes whilst on your test drive. In any case book now before you leave and let them know your situation.

Last edited:
Welcome to Australia, boet! The guys at the service centre will for sure allow you a test drive, provided your license is valid in Australia. Give the Oz embassy a call and ask them what the requirements are. I have never had a problem with an Oz license in say the USA or Canada, and provided licenses now have a photo embossed on the license, you probably will be ok. I left SA 35 years ago and have not been back, so I don't know the current state of play.
The station you will need is on the North shore line, but use the web site email contact to the Sydney service centre.