Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Command User Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jimt29

2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD, MSM/Black
Aug 13, 2015
Warwick, RI
I've had the Model Y for 2 weeks and I don't have the "Open Glovebox" command operational.

So I am wondering if anybody out there has this command working?

I'm pretty sure it was demonstrated to me when I was just looking to purchase.

The system says "Not yet available". This also applies to the "Adjust steering wheel" command.

On the 3 it even works for me with just "glovebox".

Yup. mine too, "glovebox"..

Glovebox.jpg

Last edited:
I've had the Model Y for 2 weeks and I don't have the "Open Glovebox" command operational.

So I am wondering if anybody out there has this command working?

I'm pretty sure it was demonstrated to me when I was just looking to purchase.

The system says "Not yet available". This also applies to the "Adjust steering wheel" command.
I've had the MY AWD LR for a week and the glovebox screen command works.

Just picked up our model Y and I noticed the same as I use the “open glovebox” on my model 3 a lot and so was one of first voice commands I tried in the Y. Why don’t we all report it using the bug fix voice feedback.......they could fix it in next software update if enough people are having the issue and report it?

Just picked up our model Y and I noticed the same as I use the “open glovebox” on my model 3 a lot and so was one of first voice commands I tried in the Y. Why don’t we all report it using the bug fix voice feedback.......they could fix it in next software update if enough people are having the issue and report it?
So you're saying that using just the single word "glovebox" does not open the glovebox in the Y?