Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command won’t open the glovebox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Open Glovebox" was working on our M3 but has never worked on our MY, along with one or two other voice commands. Seems strange. Tesla could save all of us this wondering and posting if they just revealed what's going on and why. Then again, with any other vehicle I've owned I was totally stuck with what came at the time of sale and I've been through many recalls.

Too bad we can’t add one or two of the short cut buttons to the bar at the bottom of the screen, you could drag the open glove box button down there.
Best "glove box" suggestion yet. It's a 1 button solution if room could be found. It's not a natural thing to press 2 buttons to open 1 glove box.
Also, and I hate to admit it, in the 7 weeks I've had the Model Y, I've had to stop and think: "where is that glove box button".
In the would ofs/could ofs department, Tesla should have just put a physical button on the glove box.

Reactions: Boeing747
Anyone else seeing this? Works flawlessly on my 3...I get a response that the command is not available yet.
It seems the commands for the two cars are different. I also thought I used the open glove compartment voice command correctly but now it does not work. I looked it up in the manual and I think it had a link to the voice commands, and glove box was not listed in the Y manual.

Another option would be for Tesla to allow certain function buttons to be dragged to the dock. It looks like there is room for at least one more "button". Or allow "auto-sizing" if the owner feels he needs to add more, folks with young eyes have all the advantages. Or add a second row by taking some real estate from the main screen.

Another option would be for Tesla to allow certain function buttons to be dragged to the dock. It looks like there is room for at least one more "button". Or allow "auto-sizing" if the owner feels he needs to add more, folks with young eyes have all the advantages. Or add a second row by taking some real estate from the main screen.
This is a great idea, my BMW had 8 buttons that could be assigned commands and I found them very useful. However that is not the answer to the glove box voice command issue which is inexplicable.

With the latest Tesla software, if you set a PIN to lock the glove box, when you enter the PIN to open the glove box does the glove box automatically open? If so, then Tesla has once again addressed a known issue, improved your vehicle via an over the air (OTA) update.