Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Navigation pronunciation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice some strange voice pronunciations for some streets?

Dundas St E pronounced “Undas street east” sounds like it’s missing the front D

Pape ave - “papa avenue”

Anyone else hearing these? Thought it was my software version multiple upgrades and reboots still has this

I've noticed some weird pronunciations around here too. I don't remember any of them off the top of my head but I shrug them off. Google Maps and Waze also have some interesting pronunciations. I think most struggle with Lougheed Highway but I know there are some simpler ones that surprised me.

Reactions: Nepassnakes
Google Maps and Waze also have some interesting pronunciations. I think most struggle with Lougheed Highway but I know there are some simpler ones that surprised me.
Most humans in the Vancouver area have a problem pronouncing Lougheed properly, including traffic reporters. Lougheed is a Scottish name. The first syllable is based on the Scottish “loch”, as in Loch Ness monster. So the name is properly pronounced “law-heed”, not “low-heed”.

Anyone else notice some strange voice pronunciations for some streets?
Tesla tells me to turn on “comics” when I am in the Comox (Co-mox) Valley.

It’s not as bad as what the Spanish did in Mexico. They couldn’t pronounce local names, so they “modified” them.

“Cuauhnahuac” was a well-known beautiful city It and means “surrounded by or close to trees”. The Spanish changed it to Cuernavaca, meaning “cow horn”.