Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vossen VVSCV3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hijack this thread, I'm in the process of ordering some 20" staggered (9.0J front 10.5J rear) CV4's and have asked my installer to look for Michelin Pilot Super Sport, but sadly the fronts are not available in my size (245-40-20).
He gave me these three options:
- Bridgestone RE 050A
- Continental sport contact 3XL
- Pirelli Pzero
What would be the best set to choose from performance wise? Sound/rolling/rain does not matter so much for me personally.

I'd go with the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position... They're made in 245/40/20 and 275/35/20 (which I assume is what you're putting on the rear.)

Doing a set of 255/40/20 and 285/35/20 might be an option in the Pilot Super Sport also. I have Pilot Alpin PA3's in 255/45/19 and they seem to work ok. (slight rubbing @ the extremes, not a big deal though).

Sorry to hijack this thread, I'm in the process of ordering some 20" staggered (9.0J front 10.5J rear) CV4's and have asked my installer to look for Michelin Pilot Super Sport, but sadly the fronts are not available in my size (245-40-20).
He gave me these three options:
- Bridgestone RE 050A
- Continental sport contact 3XL
- Pirelli Pzero
What would be the best set to choose from performance wise? Sound/rolling/rain does not matter so much for me personally.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, but I really need to pick one of three.
For the rears my installer recommends 285/35/20

Put 255 up front and 305 in the back. 275/285 would look terrible in the rear and leave much of the rim exposed for damage. I went with P Zero Neros for my CV4s.

Also worth noting that Pirelli tires have a more rounded sidewall as compared to Michelins so going a bit wider usually isn't an issue.