Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vredestein Quatrac Pro 245/35R21 - first all season tire for 21 in rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just ordered these for our Y to replace the 21” Performance staggered setup and went down to a 20”. I will report back in a few months when we get some different conditions on them. I agree, hard to find reviews on them and the price is unbeatable!

Just for my own clarification.... I want to make sure I understand that it's safe/okay to fit a 245 tire on the 265 rear (staggered) wheel??

If so, then I think I just talked myself into keeping my Arachnids long-term. HUGE savings if I can do that.

Hopefully this will help some.

jHVET.png

Do you have the 20's and quatracs mounted on the Y already? Any initial impressions? Thanks!
I literally just got home after getting them mounted and balanced today. I went with 20” Vossen HF-3 offset +38 and 255/40r20 Quatracs. First initial impression is they are not as responsive to wheel input, however going from he 35mm P-Zeros it was not surprising. After about 20 miles, I forgot all about it. The tires were really grippy and responsive, however the sidewall is surprisingly comforting. I didn’t think the .5” sidewall would make a difference, but it did. After I got on it for a bit, I was kinda shocked how they performed around corners and stuff from the PZeros. It was raining on the way home so cant tell about noise, however still very quiet from what I could tell. Really happy with the tire thus far and excited to give them a try for winter and the other seasons. I would definitely recommend to give them a shot!

Attachments

• 301A6D79-6482-4C15-A4A6-4BFCC4C35981.jpeg
    301A6D79-6482-4C15-A4A6-4BFCC4C35981.jpeg
    731 KB · Views: 212
  • 6EF1118C-00FB-4067-9308-EF8F02AE8D7E.jpeg
    6EF1118C-00FB-4067-9308-EF8F02AE8D7E.jpeg
    529.3 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: dale_cooper
The Vredestein is dead silent... very minimal road noise.

Trying to find someone else with experience, but what tire were you running prior? Eager to see if someone agrees with my road-feel opinion.
Do you see any loss in efficiency with Vredestein. Getting them installed tomorrow to replace my Michelin summer 4S on tempest wheels but very worried about range because so far I'm getting great range on oem tires and I make 235 miles trip every other week so range is very important to me. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Do you see any loss in efficiency with Vredestein. Getting them installed tomorrow to replace my Michelin summer 4S on tempest wheels but very worried about range because so far I'm getting great range on oem tires and I make 235 miles trip every other week so range is very important to me. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

I'm seeing no discernible difference, mind you I'm on the 21" wheel and the only previous option was the sticker (more friction) summer tires. Interestingly, just ran to Chattanooga and back over the weekend and beat the original arrival charge estimate (13-15%) by leaving the cruise control @ 70mph. Cranking it to 90 on the return trip and I nearly matched exactly the original estimate (I think I lost no more than 1-2%). Full disclosure, beautiful weather @ 65 degrees without the heat running.

• Informative
Reactions: umair239
I'm seeing no discernible difference, mind you I'm on the 21" wheel and the only previous option was the sticker (more friction) summer tires. Interestingly, just ran to Chattanooga and back over the weekend and beat the original arrival charge estimate (13-15%) by leaving the cruise control @ 70mph. Cranking it to 90 on the return trip and I nearly matched exactly the original estimate (I think I lost no more than 1-2%). Full disclosure, beautiful weather @ 65 degrees without the heat running.
Thank you for responding. I will have them installed on my 19 inch tempest wheels some time this week. Hopefully, they're worth it

Reactions: VaztheDad
Update on wear.

Just had my 2nd rotation (every 5k miles) and was advised I'm at about 40% remaining. Treadwear looks fairly even, with them not providing me any info I need to be concerned with. Honestly bummed, as I got 20k miles out of the Hankook which gave far better road feel. In fairness this tires ability to move water is superior, which each owner would have to consider. In addition, in far colder temps this all season should fair better.

For me I was hoping I'd get more miles - bummer.

• Informative
Reactions: umair239
Update on wear.

Just had my 2nd rotation (every 5k miles) and was advised I'm at about 40% remaining. Treadwear looks fairly even, with them not providing me any info I need to be concerned with. Honestly bummed, as I got 20k miles out of the Hankook which gave far better road feel. In fairness this tires ability to move water is superior, which each owner would have to consider. In addition, in far colder temps this all season should fair better.

For me I was hoping I'd get more miles - bummer.
I just got these tires today. They're amazing. I couldn't tell I got new tires. My car is just as quiet if not quieter compared to oem tires. Will find out how efficient they are once I go for a long drive in a couple of days.

I just got these tires today. They're amazing. I couldn't tell I got new tires. My car is just as quiet if not quieter compared to oem tires. Will find out how efficient they are once I go for a long drive in a couple of days.
Any updates (you and the others) now that you've had the tires for a while? You were concerned about your 235 mile trip, how is that on the Vs?

Reactions: mymagiccarpet
same question. If anyone can post about efficiency impact with Vredesteins.
I've not seen any change in efficiency compared to my past 2 sets. Only downside to these tires is I think they will be worn to the wears bars @ around 20-25k miles. However, I'm pretty heavy on the peddle and the past tires lasted about the same maybe a tad more but with much less grip which meant less aggressive starts. Thinking I'm going to try the Cross Climate 2 since they are rated even better on tire rack (#1), now in my size, and made in USA.