Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vredestein are not well known but make very good tyres. Just do a bit more research and you'll see.
Must be a UK thing. I only go with tires that are well known and well established.

Actually on tirerack.com where I have been researching tires they ranked very highly, even more so than the Continental Purecontact LS
Then why ask us? Go for it. You don't need our permission.

FWIW, my experience has been that tire reviews are next to worthless. Most recently I decided to try a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ based on the reviews saying they were great in the winter/snow. Spoiler alert: they were trash. They were basically Pilot Sports with all-season tread pattern but the compound used got hard as a rock when the temps went down making them like driving on marbles. That and they wore awfully which was something else the reviews said they excelled at. Keep in mind this was a well established tire with LOTS of reviews and they couldn't have been less accurate in my real-world testing. This is from Michelin which is widely known as one of the better tire makers in the biz.

So, for a brand and tire I've never heard of forgive me if I'm not all in on beta testing their tires. Tires are far too important to take a flyer on an unknown to save a few bucks IMO.

Thanks for your input - I'm not sure if one persons feedback constitutes an "us" - I am asking to get feedback from others who may be familiar with these tires. I am also not in the UK, I am in NY.

The tires I am looking for need to do three things well:
1. Good in wet and dry
2. Quiet
3. Be able to handle the torque of the P100D - if that's even a consideration for tires.

So, I don't really care about the money, I'm not looking to save money, I care about the tire. However, just because these tires are cheaper doesn't mean necessarily they are inferior, especially based on what I have read, and not just on Tirerack.com.

My question, is really has anyone used these tires, and if so, what do they think of it?

Must be a UK thing. I only go with tires that are well known and well established.

FWIW, my experience has been that tire reviews are next to worthless. Most recently I decided to try a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ based on the reviews saying they were great in the winter/snow. Spoiler alert: they were trash. They were basically Pilot Sports with all-season tread pattern but the compound used got hard as a rock when the temps went down making them like driving on marbles. That and they wore awfully which was something else the reviews said they excelled at. Keep in mind this was a well established tire with LOTS of reviews and they couldn't have been less accurate in my real-world testing. This is from Michelin which is widely known as one of the better tire makers in the biz.

So, for a brand and tire I've never heard of forgive me if I'm not all in on beta testing their tires. Tires are far too important to take a flyer on an unknown to save a few bucks IMO.

Why are so many of your posts on here combative and abrasive? The whole point of a forum is to have a discussion about something relevant which the OP is attempting to do here. You say you don't know anything about them. That doesn't make them bad; it means you don't know anything about them.

Some relatively unknown tire models / manufacturers turn out to be gems. I remember 10+ years ago, the first Falken Azenis 615 were snubbed by many enthusiasts as an unknown waste. They turned out to be the darling for anyone looking for the most grip out of a street tire, period. And for a bargain price! Later, Hankook came onto the scene with the RS series and again, most people turned their noses up at a gamble. But again, they were found to be one of the best street tires for track days.

These are just a few examples where it pays to do more research than "never heard of it, pass." Also since we're talking anecdotes, I love my A/S 3+ tires. Terrific grip and much more responsive. They are a significant step up from the MXM4s.

As for the OP, here is another thread with info about the Vredesteins. Most people seem to like them:

Vredestein Quatrac Pro 245/35R21 - first all season tire for 21 in rims

Why are so many of your posts on here combative and abrasive? The whole point of a forum is to have a discussion about something relevant which the OP is attempting to do here. You say you don't know anything about them. That doesn't make them bad; it means you don't know anything about them.

Some relatively unknown tire models / manufacturers turn out to be gems. I remember 10+ years ago, the first Falken Azenis 615 were snubbed by many enthusiasts as an unknown waste. They turned out to be the darling for anyone looking for the most grip out of a street tire, period. And for a bargain price! Later, Hankook came onto the scene with the RS series and again, most people turned their noses up at a gamble. But again, they were found to be one of the best street tires for track days.

These are just a few examples where it pays to do more research than "never heard of it, pass." Also since we're talking anecdotes, I love my A/S 3+ tires. Terrific grip and much more responsive. They are a significant step up from the MXM4s.

As for the OP, here is another thread with info about the Vredesteins. Most people seem to like them:

Vredestein Quatrac Pro 245/35R21 - first all season tire for 21 in rims
Maybe it's you who are reading tone into posts that I type that simple isn't there.

Nope it really seems to be you. I've read a few discussions where all you do is disagree with what ever is said but others.
You're not even being constructive, you're just disagreeing.
Read what I said again. I never said HE shouldn't do it. He was asking for an opinion and I gave it. I guess I'm not entitled to say anything unless it's what he wants to hear or unless I sugar coat it as to not offend? Where am I disagreeing with the OP's initial post?

Maybe it's you who are reading tone into posts that I type that simple isn't there.

Sorry but it is there. OP asked if anyone had "experience with these tires". You chose to opine on Vredestein, which you have no experience with. They are in fact a long established manufacturer and make excellent tires (their snow tires are almost legendary). Your contribution wasn't exactly on point.

Sorry but it is there. OP asked if anyone had "experience with these tires". You chose to opine on Vredestein, which you have no experience with. They are in fact a long established manufacturer and make excellent tires (their snow tires are almost legendary). Your contribution wasn't exactly on point.

That's a fair criticism (although I think lack of first-hand experience of a particular winter tire manufacturer from someone who has lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado for decades and has tried all sorts of tires but, after extensive research, hasn't felt it necessary to even test these is indeed a relevant data point) but to say I'm "combative and abrasive" based on that post seems like an awfully harsh judgement to pass on someone unless you're reading tone that wasn't there.

Bit late reaction at this end, as I need winter tires also (Tesla service said I need to shop myself and bring them in and they mount).
So went to consumerreports.org (being trusted place to go and member for 20 years)...the Vredestein Quatrac Pro surprisingly is the top ranked winter performance tires. The Pirelli (the ones that Tesla normally sells but now out of stock) was somewhere 6th position.
Hope this helps....

New to the forum but saw this thread is fairly recent. Now that we are going into winter I thought I'd share my experience with this tire. I have an 85D with the 21" wheels so I ended up going with the OE size 245/35r21.

I can say first hand these are good tires for the money. They are quieter than the Falken Azenis FK510s I had before. Ride is more supple and rounds off the sharper bumps fairly well. Wet traction is excellent. I have no issues going through your typical standing water on the highway at highway speeds in a downpour. Car tracks straight with no hydroplaning. Dry handling is pretty decent. Not as sharp as a summer tire but ultimate grip isn't too bad. TireRack instrumented testing showed they had around .89 Gs and I will have to agree. Not great but more than the average person needs on the road.

Snow handling is probably what you are after. I had these out in 6inches of fresh powdery snow and the 85D had zero issues. I can come to a full stop on hills and wait to see what other cars who are stuck are doing before driving around them with no wheel spin if you don't goose the accelerator too much. The snow turned to slush on ice later in the day as the weather turned to freezing rain and the car again had no issues getting up steep hills that others were stuck on. Lateral traction is decent though I wouldn't go much more than the posted speed limit on snow around corners. Stopping distance was great for an all season. Not quite as a good as a dedicated winter tire but much better than other all seasons I've been on.

Haven't had much experience with it on glare ice but on slushy ice it did fine. I would imagine on glare ice only a dedicated winter tire would be any good.

In conclusion in from my experience these tires are an excellent choice if you want a good commuter tire that can handle most situations save glare ice.