Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

vs GM's Super Cruise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Consumer Reports lists GM's Super Cruise well ahead of Tesla's Autopilot in their 'ratings'.

Anyone driven both and how would you compare them? Just curious. Consumer Reports is not overly reliable in my opinion, but still piqued curiousity.

Well, their actual report states that Tesla is superior in "Capability and Performance." CR has always been negative towards AP in regard to Driver engagement and monitoring.

Reactions: ttdanimal
Consumer Reports lists GM's Super Cruise well ahead of Tesla's Autopilot in their 'ratings'.

Anyone driven both and how would you compare them? Just curious. Consumer Reports is not overly reliable in my opinion, but still piqued curiousity.

Consumer reports marks super cruise better because the system actively monitors whether you are paying attention with its eye tracking cameras, not because it actually performs better in the purpose of driving you.

Of course, Headlines will run with the "consumer reports says supercruise is better" headlines because we are firmly a clickbait society, and anti tesla headlines drive clicks (both from anti tesla and pro tesla people).

I think all the coverage about the CR article is silly. They literally said autopilot is better BUT the dont watch the driver well enough. (I personally dont want them to watch the driver as much because that can get annoying but the media pressure will make them do something sadly)

Supercruise doesnt work in nearly as many places as AP and if you compare it to the new FSD beta. No contest. Relying on HD maps is a bad plan IMO.

Super cruise is only on highways. It's not even the same thing. Super cruise is very nice because it uses mapped data. If anything changes then if doesn't work. Also how is GM going to map every highway, road, and street in the US and keep it updated everyday?

I think all the coverage about the CR article is silly. They literally said autopilot is better BUT the dont watch the driver well enough. (I personally dont want them to watch the driver as much because that can get annoying but the media pressure will make them do something sadly)

Supercruise doesnt work in nearly as many places as AP and if you compare it to the new FSD beta. No contest. Relying on HD maps is a bad plan IMO.

That's so stupid. That's like saying an autopilot system is so good that it doesn't need to monitor the driver yet in this scenario CR would give it a low score just because it doesn't monitor the driver. That's a$$ backwards.