Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VSEC_a222 TPMS Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning on my way to work, I received this error Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault VCSEC_A222. I have googled and searched this site for the error code with no luck. All the tips I have found say to reset the TPMS but with the 2022 M3 you cant just do this anymore under the service menu, it does not have the option. This error will not go away, its been on since this morning and over 50 miles of drive time.

My car was purchased New in March 2022. I have about 4300 Miles on the car with the original tires that came with the car. I have not made any changes to the tires at all.
The PSI is showing for 3 out of 4 tires. The passenger side rear tire is not displaying the PSI anymore. So I am guessing this is the reason for the error. I have verified that all my tires have 41 PSI in them, including the one not showing up any longer.

Any suggestions? I have a scheduled a service appointment with Tesla, but its 3 weeks away and also 2 hrs. drive....so I would love to get this fixed to avoid me having to take a day off work and then sit at a Tesla service center all day.

Well, it's either the sensor in the wheel, or the receiving unit in the car. Should be pretty easy for them to figure that out.
Probably the sensor in the wheel. For the life of me I can't quite figure out why Tesla decided that they had to go away from a perfectly workable 433 MHz standard system to have a Bluetooth system. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The old system was reliable, cheap, so why go to this new Bluetooth Arrangement? Anybody have an answer to that?

Probably the sensor in the wheel. For the life of me I can't quite figure out why Tesla decided that they had to go away from a perfectly workable 433 MHz standard system to have a Bluetooth system. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The old system was reliable, cheap, so why go to this new Bluetooth Arrangement? Anybody have an answer to that?
So they can sell you proprietary sensors for about a hundo each.

I saw VSEC_a222 error on my Model Y yesterday. Rear right wheel doesn't show any tire pressure. Appeared out of the blue during regular driving on a regular day. I'll have a service appointment in few days, let's see.

This morning on my way to work, I received this error Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault VCSEC_A222. I have googled and searched this site for the error code with no luck. All the tips I have found say to reset the TPMS but with the 2022 M3 you cant just do this anymore under the service menu, it does not have the option. This error will not go away, its been on since this morning and over 50 miles of drive time.

My car was purchased New in March 2022. I have about 4300 Miles on the car with the original tires that came with the car. I have not made any changes to the tires at all.
The PSI is showing for 3 out of 4 tires. The passenger side rear tire is not displaying the PSI anymore. So I am guessing this is the reason for the error. I have verified that all my tires have 41 PSI in them, including the one not showing up any longer.

Any suggestions? I have a scheduled a service appointment with Tesla, but its 3 weeks away and also 2 hrs. drive....so I would love to get this fixed to avoid me having to take a day off work and then sit at a Tesla service center all day.needed up happening
I saw VSEC_a222 error on my Model Y yesterday. Rear right wheel doesn't show any tire pressure. Appeared out of the blue during regular driving on a regular day. I'll have a service appointment in few days, let's see.
What happened here? I got the exact same issue on my brand new model 3. Rear right side as well and won’t go away. What did service do? Thanks

Any update on this?
I have the exact same issue. Right rear tpms is not responding.
I have tried switching tires and doing hard resets. Seems like this is a common issue when everyone is having the issue on the same tire.
When you switched tires was the right rear TPMS still not responding? If that’s the case then it’s not that particular TPMS that’s the issue.

Got the error on my MYP. Manually checked the air pressure in the tires and it was fine. Scheduled a service appointment and they replaced 2 TPMS sensors at no charge.

Here are the service notes from my invoice…

Concern: Customer states: Tires - VSEC_a222 TPMS error shows on screen and will not disappear after multiple drives.
Replaced both left front and left rear TPMS due to not responsive. Performed calibration/ re learn and test drive to verify correct operations
Correction: Sensor - TPMS - Front - LH (Remove & Replace)

Reactions: tm1v2
This happened to me as well some time ago; I took the car into service and they told me it was due to noise caused by my aftermarket USB3.0 SSD drive in the glovebox. I replaced it with the Tesla thumb drive and the problem is gone.

On a recent road trip to Tucson it came back intermittently. Now that I'm back home it's gone again. Weird.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2