TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

w00t! We're a 2-Tesla Family!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by perkiset, Sep 11, 2015.

1. perkiset

perkiset ... this one goes to 11

So my wife, who's always been a Jag fan has been driving my sled for a couple days. And what we all know happens, happened. She FELL IN LOVE.

Just got out of the Tesla store at the Phoenix Fashion Square mall where we ordered her a red 70D ... she didn't need all the acceleration but definitely got it appointed otherwise. YEAH MAN! Ridiculously excited for her, this is going to be AWESOME.

2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Welcome to the club - once the X is out we will be a 3 Tesla family!

3. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

So she didn't get the P90D after all?

4. perkiset

Nope - she's practical as well as fun. She said, "Honey I don't need all of that ... I'm happy with the 70." Can't wait to take a picture of our garage with the two side-by-side :)

- - - Updated - - -

That's VERY awesome, right on man.

5. gearbox

gearbox Member

thats awesome! She is happy and you saved some coin.

6. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

Congrats! 4 here!

Model 3 will make it 5
    New roadster will make it 6

7. tstafford

tstafford Member

Congrats. We aspire to being a two Tesla family. Waiting to see what the X costs without the performance options. Wife doesn't need or want that. Needs to be around $90K for us to feel good about the purchase. Seems possible. But we'll see.

8. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

congrats! we've had two for almost a year now... looking forward to the Model X!

9. Barry

Barry Member

Is her screen name oxykodone? :smile:

10. perkiset

LOL she's not here yet, but I expect she will be soon.

11. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

I hope you got your $1,000 discount and $1,000 in Tesla credit by getting your new Tesla through the referral link!

12. perkiset

AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!

Did it at the store, my wife wanted to say that "she bought her car at the mall." I'll talk to service on Monday and see if there's a way I can skooge that around, thanks for the tip mate.

13. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

I'm guessing they'll have you cancel the order and do it again through the link. Not sure what the "buyers remorse" laws are in Arizona, or what Tesla's "I changed my mind" policy is for cancellations, but I don't imagine it'll be a problem for you.

Oh, and congratulations on your [wife's] new purchase! We'll be a two Tesla family when the 3 comes out. Can't wait!

14. jeffadavisaz

jeffadavisaz New Member

Tesla Granted my referral after I placed my order without it, no questions asked. I think it had even already confirmed to production. I just had my delivery contact at the Scottsdale Location handle it with Headquarters. Hope they'll honor yours too.

15. perkiset

#15 perkiset, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Here we go! Delivery is this coming Tuesday for my love's new Red Rocket. She's crazy excited, and I love the two chargers in our garage. Awesome.

16. bob_p

bob_p Member

My wife also has a Jag - and has been waiting for the Model X launch. But now that she's learned the middle-row seats won't fold, she's lost interest in the Model X. She loves driving my Model S - but really wanted something that could hold 7 passengers - and have at least as much (if not more) usable storage space as my Model S...

17. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Too funny - we've been having the same discussion at my home. My wife wants red in a 70D so we may also become a 2-Tesla home soon! She was waiting for the X but now that we've seen it, other than the new tech (headlights and sensors) there isn't much advantage from the S. May make the decision sooner than later if we can get rid of our X5... :)

18. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

19. perkiset

Come to find out, my wife has "red sports car" on her bucket list. I never knew this, as she's always been a black car person. So since I have a black S85D she says that we don't need another black car and she can take car of her want. VERY excited for her, and am looking forward to having a red car in our life. Awesomeness.

And hey! Just a couple days after getting it she will get AP! She may wind up being the least-pissed-off person who doesn't have AP of all time LOL

20. kmtl

kmtl Member

Wouldn't it be sweet if you could set autopilot to have one Model S trail your other Model S? Like towing it without a hitch...just one driver in the lead car. Then you'd have a 10-seater with twice the luggage space! Kids in back!