Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA state registration fees for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know the breakdown but I bought a M3 for $54,000 + $1,000 destination and delivery. The sales tax + registration + whatever else brings my total to ~$57,500 out the door and I paid this online prior to my delivery date next week.

According to my rudimentary calculations, my registration and doc fees come out to around $500. The sales tax in my area is 8.9%.

I'll take a closer look when I take delivery as this seems kind of high to me. I do not live in an RTA area.

My MX registration for the year was only $145 so I was expecting M3 to be in the $125 range.

@RVD98072 Initial sales tax it is not onnresidential address. Read WA State EV Sales Tax Exemption Updated and next 6 posts on how this calculated.

that's kind of interesting.

It's interesting because I picked up my Model X in Fremont, CA and drove it up here. They charged me sales tax based on where I live in WA state (which came out to 8.6% + 0.3% = 8.9%). They did not charge me CA sales tax. I did this because I bought an inventory car that was in Fremont and sending it to WA would have cost $1000 or $2000 (they quoted me both figures at different times) so I chose to just pick it up there and drive it up.

For my model 3, I picked it up in Bellevue, WA so they charged me Bellevue, WA sales tax (as explained in the other thread) and it was higher than 8.9%.

So if you want to save a few bucks in sales tax, you can probably pick up a Tesla in another state.