Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait Time Panic Attacks and Anxiety, Anyone Else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MYLR on May 28th. First 50 days of wait were fine, everything was cool. After the first 50 days, life has gone down hill practically. I feel myself getting nervous, anxious, and impatient, I'm having trouble sleeping, and all I constantly think about is the car. I check my dates daily, and call for updates every 1 to 2 day. I even got to the point today after another long a restless night, that i was just going to get another electric car that would be available now. Turns out, none are available anywhere. This is kinda where I'm at, I really want my car, its torture to wait this long for a car. I see everyone having good times in their cars, and I'm still stuck in the Bimmer. Even my best friend that ordered with me on the same day, got his 3 weeks ago. I'm just so frustrated, does anyone else feel this way?

Yea there is anxiety everywhere, but you really shouldn't be having THAT much anxiety over this. It's just a car and you've already did the hard part of waiting 50 days. Maybe you should contact the Tesla Build team to see what they say. But really, its just a car and just breathe =). One thing that helps when I am waiting for something is to buy something else to preoccupy your time! I for one, bought an electric scooter and went down that route for a bit =)

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Ordered MYLR on May 28th. First 50 days of wait were fine, everything was cool. After the first 50 days, life has gone down hill practically. I feel myself getting nervous, anxious, and impatient, I'm having trouble sleeping, and all I constantly think about is the car. I check my dates daily, and call for updates every 1 to 2 day. I even got to the point today after another long a restless night, that i was just going to get another electric car that would be available now. Turns out, none are available anywhere. This is kinda where I'm at, I really want my car, its torture to wait this long for a car. I see everyone having good times in their cars, and I'm still stuck in the Bimmer. Even my best friend that ordered with me on the same day, got his 3 weeks ago. I'm just so frustrated, does anyone else feel this way?

Imagine how we first day reservation holders felt. We waited just over two years for our Model 3 … and it was totally worth it.

I found myself visiting the local Tesla store once a week, just to look at the cars and talk to people. I also rented a few Teslas on Turo for road trips. We even bought a used Fiat 500e to tide us over while we waited… still have it, too.

I feel your pain. Fortunately, it’s only temporary. :)

Reactions: CSTARZZ and jpy1980
Wow. Congratulations!! That’s so awesome!
My job is stressful enough and before placing my order for the MY my exercise regime was pretty much walking the pup and light cardio.

Throw the stress of waiting for this dang car into the mix and I felt like I would gain another covid 20lbs if I didn't do something to actually work out. I admit, I was a bad boy (even with a full gym in the basement which collected dust through the whole pandemic) so I started to work out and I finally lost all the weight I put on during Covid and now I'm trimming past that.

I only waited for about 30 days before grabbing a demo model. But for the weeks i waited i was just doing slow research on accessories and ordering one at a time. Toom a week to research for the center console tray and mud flaps that i wanted. Yeah a week for that…
Getting delivered the parts one by one

I only waited for about 30 days before grabbing a demo model. But for the weeks i waited i was just doing slow research on accessories and ordering one at a time. Toom a week to research for the center console tray and mud flaps that i wanted. Yeah a week for that…
Getting delivered the parts one by one

With my delivery potentially being out to October/November, I'm wondering if I should order some accessories and stuff NOW or wait until it gets closer. The thing that gives me hesitation is that vendors might update parts down the road and then when I get the car I'll have "old" stuff haha. On the other side of the equation is this pandemic causing things to go quickly out of stock and I'll have serious #FOMO if I don't buy them sooner than later. I mean, how often though can a center console tray, mud flaps, and things of that nature really evolve in 3-4 months? I'd imagine the Model Y is not going to undergo any significant exterior/interior changes between now and November, right?

definitely not buying anything for a car I don't have in my posession. I've been getting quotes from electricians to install a WC in my garage but won't commit to anything until I have a delivery day.
I went for the Wall Charger as I feared the fed tax credit would expire. Also get a Power company rebate too. Brings the cost down 40-50%. Looks like it got extended to Dec 2021. Also gave me something to do during 'lockdown' since enclosing a carport into a garage and thankfully I had a 60A 240V run available so I only had to go 6ft.

I went for the Wall Charger as I feared the fed tax credit would expire. Also get a Power company rebate too. Brings the cost down 40-50%. Looks like it got extended to Dec 2021. Also gave me something to do during 'lockdown' since enclosing a carport into a garage and thankfully I had a 60A 240V run available so I only had to go 6ft.
ugh lucky, 6 feet...

My quotes are $2500-$3500 because my breaker is on one end of my finished basement and the wall adjoining my garage is nearly opposite.. I'm going to require 100-150 feet of conduit and copper just to reach my garage and we have a 3 car garage and we use the "single" closest to the house to store bicycles and other non vehicle related stuff so we're gonna need another 25-40ish feet of conduit run to the "double garage door area". Plus we need a permit in order to get discount rates from our electric company.

ugh lucky, 6 feet...

My quotes are $2500-$3500 because my breaker is on one end of my finished basement and the wall adjoining my garage is nearly opposite.. I'm going to require 100-150 feet of conduit and copper just to reach my garage and we have a 3 car garage and we use the "single" closest to the house to store bicycles and other non vehicle related stuff so we're gonna need another 25-40ish feet of conduit run to the "double garage door area". Plus we need a permit in order to get discount rates from our electric company.
Ooof yeah that stings. I just bought like 10ft of 6/3 with ground Romex but I do wish I went with 1" conduit instead of 3/4" - that was a tight fit.
I still have to have the power company out to do a 'change of service' since I'll be drawing more power. Though most are telling me it's not a big issue. House was built in 71' so I had to eye ball it and FaceTime a electrician friend a few times :)

• Love
Reactions: CSTARZZ
I ordered mine may 8 and modified may 28, for a while my date disappeared for a week and now it says October. Super frustrating ... since i have a lease on another car that I have to return. So yes i feel like part of my life is on hold...thanks to tesla... (lol)

• Love
Reactions: CSTARZZ