Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waited for a SuperCharger stall - part 1

In the last 90-days, what percentage of the time have you had to wait for a SuperCharger stall?

• Never

• About 10%

• About 25%

• About 50%

• Greater than 50%

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we extend the time on that beyond 90 days? I've used over 60 sites in many states for over 7 years and never had to wait a single second for a stall anywhere. However, I have still not yet been to California Superchargers, which is where the capacity problems have been. I will be doing that for the first time on a trip next month.

though a recent timeline would be more revealing owing to the number of Teslas built and the summer travel season
I was kind of joking about extending the timeline to make a point that this has just never been an issue. We've been seeing this for many years. Someone in Iowa or Georgia or Utah or Pennsylvania saw some article on an EV news site about Teslas having to wait at a full station and comes here creating a thread in a panic about how they are now terrified to take their Tesla anywhere because they think all Supercharger sites across the country are full all the time. They're not. 100% of the time, those articles are about some sites in the Los Angeles or San Francisco area--not anywhere else in the country, so don't worry about it if you're not traveling there.

• Informative
Reactions: ATPMSD
Now if you wanted to change the question to ElectrifyAmerica stalls, I'd have to answer 12.5% (1 out of 8) waiting FOR a stall (waited about 30 minutes -- 4 stalls and I arrived with 2 waiting ahead of me), and 37.5% (3 out of 8) waiting AT/FOR a stall.

One of the additional waits was due to a technical glitch moving from one stall to another after the first stall was charging slowly (I think the network didn't completely terminate the previous charging session and wouldn't let us connect to the new one). This actually ended up being a frustrating 45 minutes on the phone with customer service.

The other wait was due to visiting a site that had literally just opened about 2 days earlier and wasn't in the EA app yet. Another 30 minute wait with customer service who was having trouble finding the station on their end as well. I guess it's a bit unfair to hold this against them as the next day it was in the app, but still...

I know this is not what you were asking about, but nonetheless it's interesting to compare the Tesla experience with the non-Tesla experience.