Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting (and shopping) while waiting, and shopping some more.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TBrownTX

Dec 25, 2020
Dallas, TX
Is it a normal thing to do an unhealthy amount of shopping for a Tesla while you wait for it to arrive?

Since ordering, I have purchased (and installed) a HPWC. Next I headed over to the Tesla website and picked up all weather matts, all weather cargo matt, the little car key thing, the car key thing holder, an extra USB flash drive, flat tire repair kit, and some charging adapters.

Then off to Abstract ocean for some colored interior footwell lights, some lift pucks, and a cool little 3 emblem. Last stop was Amazon for doggie seat covers, a dead pedal cover, screen protector, trunk organizer, and a whole crapload of cleaning supplies including all new wash gear.

I them loaded all in a spreadsheet and fell over when I saw what I spent. Can someone please help me?

TIm

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.00.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.00.32 PM.png
    884.8 KB · Views: 79
  • haha yes!.jpeg
    haha yes!.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
Is it a normal thing to do an unhealthy amount of shopping for a Tesla while you wait for it to arrive?

Since ordering, I have purchased (and installed) a HPWC. Next I headed over to the Tesla website and picked up all weather matts, all weather cargo matt, the little car key thing, the car key thing holder, an extra USB flash drive, flat tire repair kit, and some charging adapters.

Then off to Abstract ocean for some colored interior footwell lights, some lift pucks, and a cool little 3 emblem. Last stop was Amazon for doggie seat covers, a dead pedal cover, screen protector, trunk organizer, and a whole crapload of cleaning supplies including all new wash gear.

I them loaded all in a spreadsheet and fell over when I saw what I spent. Can someone please help me?

TIm

Being in Texas, definitely look into a set of Evannex sun shades. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX
I spent almost 2k on stuff (free Amazon points) 6 months before I even ordered the car! Fuggedaboutit!

Ha! I'm just shy of that myself. I'm also planning to tint, but still not certain which windows. I have major OCD and that back roof/glass that's half tinted has me all kerfuffled as far as what will look best (yes have searched threads, hard to tell from pics).

Not planning to do any PPF. My Dad has a 1 year old model Y and has virtually no paint damage driving the same roads I will. Down south (Texas) we don't have the salt/sand like some of you folks up north so don't see it as an issue.

Tim