Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold Waiting for Model 3? How about a Signature S Instead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2012 Signature Red Model S – 97K Miles

We are selling our cherished Signature Model S to make room for another S. We are the original owners of this car, and have cared for it carefully during it's entire lifetime.

Like all Signatures, it has just about every option available at the time, including:

85Kwh battery pack
Signature Red paint (only about 500 of this color in existence)
White perforated leather interior (only available at that time on the Signature model)
Lacewood décor
Active air suspension
Panoramic roof
Premium sound system
Tech package
19” rims
Dual chargers (twice as fast for Level 2 charging as single-charger cars)
Parcel Shelf
Paint armor (plus full hood armor)
Supercharging for life
(No rear facing seats)

Addition items:

Frunk and Trunk supplementary lighting
Evvanex center console
Solid lug nuts

Upgrades:
TPMS (still Balong, but newest of that series)
Sun visors (larger version)
Battery pack replacement
Cold Weather brake package
UMC upgrade
Back up camera (higher definition version)
Fan spray washer nozzles
Rear camber eccentric bolts (adjustable, to eliminate uneven tire wear)
A/C compressor sound deadening wrap/blanket
New version 12V battery and revised 12V fuse block
Underbody crash shield

Condition:

Excellent. There are zero known problems with this car. We have always been aggressive about getting any suspect items handled and our SC has been very cooperative.

There are a few trivial scuffs, etc on the paint, but the overall condition of the body and paint is superior. Like most Signatures, the top edges of the front bumper shell protrude slightly (<1/8”?) from the fender. Tesla has adjusted this several times, but you should expect that to recur. The rims are scuff-free. The interior is truly like new, with no scratches, tears or stains anywhere on the upholstery, dash or trim. The touchscreen is pristine.

Photos show the present battery range at 90% and 100% charge.

We may be able to assist in delivery by getting the car partway to you, especially in the Midwest or Northeast.

The price for this Signature is $39,500 - much cheaper than the current Model 3 and available right now.

upload_2017-8-9_20-51-51.jpeg
upload_2017-8-9_20-52-9.jpeg
upload_2017-8-9_20-58-8.jpeg
upload_2017-8-9_20-58-25.jpeg
upload_2017-8-9_21-18-44.jpeg
upload_2017-8-9_21-19-41.jpeg

View attachment 240761 View attachment 240762 upload_2017-8-9_20-58-8.jpeg upload_2017-8-9_20-58-25.jpeg

97K miles and 264 rated miles @ 100% charge?

Stunning.

When and how did you get that battery replaced?

Beautiful car. If it were a P85 and 8 weeks earlier I would have seriously considered this. (I just bought a CPO P85 Sig Red with White interior).

Looks like you have loved and cared for this car quite well.

Good luck with your sale!

There have been several questions about the battery pack replacement. I think we were just lucky. There was nothing wrong with the pack itself, but Tesla had a replacement program for some early-version HV contactors within the pack. Since the SC which was handling that replacement wasn't yet authorized to open the packs, they just swapped the entire pack.

As a more general observation, based on our experience with our two Signatures, Tesla has gone far beyond any reasonable expectations in providing upgraded, newer versions of hardware as those come on line. As a result, as great as they were to begin with, these are much better cars than when they rolled off the line.

Again, great looking car! Thanks for the battery explanation. I too have had great service, and had things replaced upgraded with no issues. Just not the battery.

My only issue is range. So a model 3 is in the future, or an S if they up the battery to 400 or so miles of range.

Our Signature Model S is sold. We sold it to neighbors who we were having dinner with over the weekend. They knew the car and when we mentioned that we had it for sale they laid $500 on the table right there at the restaurant. Another $500 dropped off at the house the next morning and the car was theirs. Sorry for those who were communicating concerning the car - I know some are disappointed. Wish we had more of them in that condition to offer!

• Disagree
Reactions: JPUConn
Congrats, Harry. Though I will bet you are sorry to see it go. The car looked awesome.

To those looking for one...don't worry! There will be others. For example, our Signature S will go on the market when our 3 arrives (supposedly between Oct and Dec). I know at least one other Sig owner with similar plans.