Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting is hard!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a pretty good price. Voltz electric is quoting me $900.00 for one outlet in the same room. I'm thinking my wife will probably end up with an EV so now I'm considering adding that second outlet here as well. I sent them this photo of my garage and I'm hoping to get an updated quote tomorrow.

View attachment 32359

That looks about the same as the run they are doing for mine on Wednesday. My quote was just under $1000 (city permit included).

I was quoted $900 for a connection to the HPWC. They are running the power from a 100A circuit in my basement out and up to a finished wall in my garage! I was thinking about having an extra NEMA 14-50 outside of the HPWC but I don't think I will need that for sometime now. My delivery date is sitting at 11/25 right now and I am boo hooing everywhere. :-( Hopefully I'll get the HPWC soon so I can at least get that part done and feel like I'm one step closer!

FWIW I got two quotes on 14-50. First was a local electrician who hadn't done many EV installs: $1250. Second was referred by SolarCity, and has done >50 Tesla installs: $800.

I think it's a bit of a racket, and they're certainly making healthy profit margins no matter what. My fuse box is in laundry room directly adjacent to garage, so it's a simple job.

I have no clue what my 14-50 will be.

I am having 3 outlets installed. Each with their own 50AMP breaker. 2 outlets inside the garage and one outside next to the driveway for the visitors. It will require an estimated 150' of 8/3 wire and some conduit for the outdoor run. So prolly $300-$400 just in wire, outlets, breakers, conduit, etc.

I figure if it takes 4 hours to install with 2 guys there at an average of $75 - $100 per hour then it should be less than $1000.

It took about 5 hours for 2 guys to install 1 breaker (relocating some things between my main panel and subpanel) and run a 50feet wire in my case.

I am having 3 outlets installed. Each with their own 50AMP breaker. 2 outlets inside the garage and one outside next to the driveway for the visitors. It will require an estimated 150' of 8/3 wire and some conduit for the outdoor run. So prolly $300-$400 just in wire, outlets, breakers, conduit, etc.

I figure if it takes 4 hours to install with 2 guys there at an average of $75 - $100 per hour then it should be less than $1000.

It now exists! waiting for pickup/delivery!

Capture.PNG

I emailed the DS to verify that it really takes 2 weeks to get it here... It was 10/25 at last communication with him.

I heard a week. I think they are still doing a lot of giving themselves room and then delivering early. My last conversation with Bryan has me at 11/25 delivery - but that just seems so unlikely since I confirmed only 2 weeks after you...unless they are sneaking some Europeans in the production schedule as I have heard mentioned on here.

Keep us posted Sam - that is great news either way that yours has gone so fast! I hope you get a chance to post a review of your delivery experience at Norristown.

Price update. The above work was $750. Not too shabby it you ask me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381796545.628501.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381796566.980439.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381796556.548103.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381796556.548103.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 108