Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for 9/22. Ordered 9/9/2021

Anyone know of recent updates on the car that mine might have? Don’t really care, but just curious. I remember reading about some new headlights a few months ago—but stopped following this page, as it made me too antsy for the car 😅 —but any other updates else to look for since then?

White exterior, black interior, FSD

Delivery scheduled for 9/22. Ordered 9/9/2021

Anyone know of recent updates on the car that mine might have? Don’t really care, but just curious. I remember reading about some new headlights a few months ago—but stopped following this page, as it made me too antsy for the car 😅 —but any other updates else to look for since then?

White exterior, black interior, FSD
In my case, i was having old version for about 2 weeks and got update notification of newest verision.

Delivery Scheduled for Sep 25th, week of my bday! Insurance and financing all set. Will be a long week and of course hoping for a relatively well built car! Also got the $200 dollar voucher for the charging cable, which thank god, is in stock since we are in a condo and utilize that for charging on our current Model 3.

Also ordered the Tesla mats for the second and 3rd row (the OEM ones for the last gen 7 seater ones). It’s been discussed w/ some of the non-OEM older ones fitting current generation, so hopefully these will fit without issue.

I’m still not sure what brand all season mat to get for the Trunk area. Tesla sells both options, one w/ 3rd row up and another that fits with 3rd row down. Leaning towards getting the one w/ 3rd row down since we dont plan to use the 3rd row often - but no reports on whether this will fit as far as I am aware.

Delivery Scheduled for Sep 25th, week of my bday! Insurance and financing all set. Will be a long week and of course hoping for a relatively well built car! Also got the $200 dollar voucher for the charging cable, which thank god, is in stock since we are in a condo and utilize that for charging on our current Model 3.

Also ordered the Tesla mats for the second and 3rd row (the OEM ones for the last gen 7 seater ones). It’s been discussed w/ some of the non-OEM older ones fitting current generation, so hopefully these will fit without issue.

I’m still not sure what brand all season mat to get for the Trunk area. Tesla sells both options, one w/ 3rd row up and another that fits with 3rd row down. Leaning towards getting the one w/ 3rd row down since we dont plan to use the 3rd row often - but no reports on whether this will fit as far as I am aware.
The OEM trunk mats don't fit the refresh. You're going to have to go with 3rd party; like Tesmanian, which I currently have on my Plaid and highly recommend. Already ordered a set for our 7-seater from them as well.
Trunk mat with 3rd row up is a bit of a trouble to use, as it's a hassle to access the storage beneath, as well as the small compartment to the left with the mat in place.

WOW!! Coming up fast. Very exciting and hope you have a pristinely built car! And Happy early birthday!

Man, I am so bad. I have yet to buy the rest of my mats. I only have the OEM ones for the front. Really dont know what to choose and hoping they will fit and I do want mats for the trunk and frunk but haven't found solid leads yet.

WOW!! Coming up fast. Very exciting and hope you have a pristinely built car! And Happy early birthday!

Man, I am so bad. I have yet to buy the rest of my mats. I only have the OEM ones for the front. Really dont know what to choose and hoping they will fit and I do want mats for the trunk and frunk but haven't found solid leads yet.
Thanks Lexus!! Yep pickup is coming up in 5 days, hope all goes smoothly on their end, since I am set up with all the pre delivery tasks already. My drink of choice on that day will be some sort of a whiskey cocktail as I gravitate towards those, more recently got in to Oxacan old fashioned as well w/ mezcal as the liquor….super good if its done right!

I’ll for sure post my experiences and some pics when I get the car. I really appreciate your support and hanging around here even though yours delivered a couple of months ago! I hope you had some awesome trips in your new X, and it’s been a reliable/fun/sporty experience. My wife and I will likely take our first trip in the X at the end of the month from LA to San Diego, so very much looking forward to that!

The OEM trunk mats don't fit the refresh. You're going to have to go with 3rd party; like Tesmanian, which I currently have on my Plaid and highly recommend. Already ordered a set for our 7-seater from them as well.
Trunk mat with 3rd row up is a bit of a trouble to use, as it's a hassle to access the storage beneath, as well as the small compartment to the left with the mat in place.
Thanks for the tip! For this reason I held off on ordering trunk mats directly from Tesla, and your experience is super helpful. I’m going to check Tesmanian, but I dont believe I see a trunk mat that works with the 3rd row folded down, I feel that’s the one that’s going to be most useful for me day to day. I do see they have a Frunk Mat, and one that looks like for the trunk but with 3rd row up. Maybe I’m missing seeing the one with the 3rd row down, that would be the one I would order!

I did a question if anyone has experience with this. We live in a condo and unfortunately have to use the NEMA 5-15 (standard home outlet) plug for charging - which at least its free for us to use for the moment as per our building (although our HOA is high enough where I dont feel bad using up electricity to charge the car). Where the X will be parked, the mobile connector (which my wife now uses with her 3) is just a bit too short to reach the charge port - any experience people may have on getting a reliable extension cord that I can use that would be safe and not lose charge? Any experience/advise is greatly appreciated of course!!

Reactions: lexus26
Well I’m not real pleased. My car went from Oct 20-Dec 1st to Sept 24th. Two issues, I’m out of the country and Tesla still has my current Model X in the body shop because they smashed the backend while at the service center for something else. It’s not due to be complete until October. What a mess. I need to be able to tell them hold their horses but everyone knows how hard it is to get a hold of anyone and then imagine it while over seas lol.

Finally got Vinned today. This is my 5th Tesla and the customer service gets worse every time! I told them I might be out of town and if we can move up or move back the delivery, they said if I don't pickup within 3 days they car will get canceled.

Also I'm supposed to get a 2k credit since I ordered pre-refresh, anyone know when that's applied?
Well that doesn’t sound encouraging for me. Canceled canceled or just have to wait until the next available?

Finally picked up our MX 7 seater (08/21 order) yesterday. The car has actually been sitting in their SC since last Thursday. I am not sure what exactly they were doing with the car and was told they were doing last round of inspection and waiting for some firmware update, which I highly doubted it’s the case. Anyway, the car overall was pretty well built without any major quality issue (phew!) as long as we put our Tesla goggle on 🤣🤣.

Attachments

• 9750B334-47CB-4BB8-81FB-85CE92850EA8.jpeg
    9750B334-47CB-4BB8-81FB-85CE92850EA8.jpeg
    603.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 8E0F6B12-8FD1-4AFD-8702-971EC07732CE.jpeg
    8E0F6B12-8FD1-4AFD-8702-971EC07732CE.jpeg
    432.3 KB · Views: 91
  • C615AF99-D187-4973-B749-E3D51F476C75.jpeg
    C615AF99-D187-4973-B749-E3D51F476C75.jpeg
    653.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 1C2FCE65-4411-4879-8600-98E5A546E5FD.jpeg
    1C2FCE65-4411-4879-8600-98E5A546E5FD.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 100
So my pickup date moved to today! 🤤 They texted me this AM that car is here ready and I can pick up earlier if I wanted. Just so happened I had taken a day off of work today so I said yesssss! Very excited and just reminded myself to take the delivery checklist on this site. I think its one of the tabs on the spreadsheet we've all been updating our orders on? Just so excited....

So my pickup date moved to today! 🤤 They texted me this AM that car is here ready and I can pick up earlier if I wanted. Just so happened I had taken a day off of work today so I said yesssss! Very excited and just reminded myself to take the delivery checklist on this site. I think its one of the tabs on the spreadsheet we've all been updating our orders on? Just so excited....
Hoping for a flawless car and delivery! Keep us posted!

Picked up the car yesterday, walked around for 20-30 mins looking over the car and no apparent issues that I can see! Everything seems aligned well, tightly put together, falcon wing doors really well aligned and function perfectly, panel gaps seem great! I was very pleasantly surprised. And car drives wonderfully overall!

Driving home from the Tesla center, I felt a bit strange with the Yoke, but mostly with straight line driving, it was fine really. My wife decided yesterday evening, however, we pick up a large furniture item from a semi-local store, which turned out to be a winding drive around some of the LA hills. This really made the lack of a round steering wheel apparent. I was really excited for something new in the Yoke, but I think it’ll take a bit of time to get used to having driven last night. We did get to see the flexibility of the 7 seater, as we had to fold down the second and third rows entirely to get the furniture item to fit! Day 1, and the 7 seat config flexibility came to use!

I was surprised at how useful the screen tilt is to be honest, just was much easier to glance at the screen while driving by myself from the dealership.
I’m still trying to see what my preferences are for the suspension tuning. The roads to the furniture store were less than ideal and really tested the suspension of the X, for that drive we used comfort mode. I prefer driving in sport suspension mode overall from my experience, X seems more planted down w/ some sporty intentions. Really a lot of fun in the sport suspension mode. Acceleration is fantastic of course no complaints there!

I will share more thoughts as I drive the thing more this weekend, but so far just an awesome looking, awesome driving car, really was worth the wait!

Here are some initial pics, will try and take more in the coming days.

Attachments

• 6586AA49-C63B-424D-B289-97341DB8F886.jpeg
    6586AA49-C63B-424D-B289-97341DB8F886.jpeg
    635.4 KB · Views: 65
  • BBC40883-826B-43A6-B80B-E6FC4A50590A.jpeg
    BBC40883-826B-43A6-B80B-E6FC4A50590A.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 3FB6951C-6061-4A08-BE7A-205E9CF66CC7.jpeg
    3FB6951C-6061-4A08-BE7A-205E9CF66CC7.jpeg
    622 KB · Views: 66
  • 6C8D5816-D971-4FE8-8F60-7AFAABAB323C.jpeg
    6C8D5816-D971-4FE8-8F60-7AFAABAB323C.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 61
  • A17AA630-89A1-4F8A-8029-EA71EDB729FB.jpeg
    A17AA630-89A1-4F8A-8029-EA71EDB729FB.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
What a great way to start the weekend!!! Definitely keep us posted! And yes, it should be on one of those tabs in the order update spreadsheet. Have fun!

EDIT: just realized this post was from yesterday.....As I see you updated us with photos!!!

Picked up the car yesterday, walked around for 20-30 mins looking over the car and no apparent issues that I can see! Everything seems aligned well, tightly put together, falcon wing doors really well aligned and function perfectly, panel gaps seem great! I was very pleasantly surprised. And car drives wonderfully overall!

Driving home from the Tesla center, I felt a bit strange with the Yoke, but mostly with straight line driving, it was fine really. My wife decided yesterday evening, however, we pick up a large furniture item from a semi-local store, which turned out to be a winding drive around some of the LA hills. This really made the lack of a round steering wheel apparent. I was really excited for something new in the Yoke, but I think it’ll take a bit of time to get used to having driven last night. We did get to see the flexibility of the 7 seater, as we had to fold down the second and third rows entirely to get the furniture item to fit! Day 1, and the 7 seat config flexibility came to use!

I was surprised at how useful the screen tilt is to be honest, just was much easier to glance at the screen while driving by myself from the dealership.
I’m still trying to see what my preferences are for the suspension tuning. The roads to the furniture store were less than ideal and really tested the suspension of the X, for that drive we used comfort mode. I prefer driving in sport suspension mode overall from my experience, X seems more planted down w/ some sporty intentions. Really a lot of fun in the sport suspension mode. Acceleration is fantastic of course no complaints there!

I will share more thoughts as I drive the thing more this weekend, but so far just an awesome looking, awesome driving car, really was worth the wait!

Here are some initial pics, will try and take more in the coming days.
CONGRATS!!! Your doors are definitely very aligned and I can barely see the worm on your "yoke". AWESOME! Enjoy your weekend with your new ride!