Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Refreshed Model X 5/7 seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Typester

Just an FYI Tesla called (or was supposed to) all 5/7seat Plaid orders in the last few months. The initial update does look like an increased charge of 3k (for 7 seater orders) or 6.5k (for 5 seater orders) but bc they stopped making the configuration they are removing that charge at delivery. I would double check w your SA.

Reactions: MxTaycan
Just guessing here, but I just saw that the NHSB approved matrix headlights. Could that be the reason for the push from April to July? This could be a good thing.
Yep.

Tesla makes upgrades as the parts are available not on a model year like other manufacturers. My last X, built in May 2018, got the much faster MCU 2 than cars built up to March 17 or so did not. Huge difference in display performance. And a better-looking interior color combination than what we ordered and was replaced in early May.

So they would likely switch to matrix headlights as soon as they get approvals and have the parts in stock.

That is the spirit. When my EDD was January, I expected April delivery. When my EDD was March, I expected July. Now, I think I won't get the car until December.
LR 5 seater in July 2021.
Yeah I’ve given up hope, even on my August date. I’ll get anxious again once someone in Canada has a 5 or 7 seat LR X.

Considered the Y again but those timelines are about the same, and really need the extra space with 3 kids.