Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walkaway lock not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my model Y last week. I can not get the walkaway lock to work. Car opens when I approach but I have to lock it through the app. Also mirrors don't fold in when I lock the care. I have deleted the app numerous times and rebooted the screen but to no avail. Any suggestions?

I took delivery of my model Y last week. I can not get the walkaway lock to work. Car opens when I approach but I have to lock it through the app. Also mirrors don't fold in when I lock the care. I have deleted the app numerous times and rebooted the screen but to no avail. Any suggestions?
Do you have a driver's profile created? Walk away door lock not working

Upvote 0
Do you have a driver's profile created? Walk away door lock not working
I do have a driver profile created. I discovered that if I open the drivers door and go to the safety category on the screen and do a full power off and then exit the car, and walk away lock works. I have tried various combinations but that is the only one that seems to work every time. If they try it with the drivers door closed and then exit, screen comes back on and it does not work. When I approach Car, yours always open. That is not the problem. It is the Walkaway locking which is the problem.

Upvote 0
So I can get the Walkaway lock working if I go to safety/power off and make sure the only door that is open is the drivers door or passenger door before I push the button for power off. If I open the door after it turns the screen and the power back on. If I follow the above steps, and walk away with my phone, the car locks. If any power is on, it does not work. car always unlocks when I approach with phone key.

Upvote 0
Is this problem solved. For my case walk away or locking from phone does not close mirrors or lights. Bluetooth keeps connected. I have a day old model Y

Upvote 0
If you setup Exclude Home or Work for locking and you are within the range (several hundred meters), the car will not lock. You will be surprised how far you can be away from your home or work and you are still in range (per your car).
We are having work done on our house and I have to park in front of my next door neighbor's house. Since I have excluded my home location from the auto lock I have to manually lock the car with the phone app and turn on Sentry mode with the app.

Upvote 0