Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector broken.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So… my other half has driven off the drive, too close to the Tesla, which was plugged in, the handle part of the connector has sheared leaving the plug part in the car and the handle and cable on the drive. I can’t find on Tesla page that you can simply buy the cable, has anyone else had this happen?

Ouch. Can't see this being something Tesla would provide. Because of the high voltage these cables carry I probably woudn't recommend to the layperson that they mess around with it themselves.
That said, if you had to, I suppose you could buy a new plug like from Tesla connector kit 32A crimped - evChargeking (literally the first place I thought of) and then attach the replacement plug to your existing cable. Pretty sure the plug that you had left sticking out of your car is a sealed unit so won't be repairable?

Could be wrong.....literally spitballing here.

Reactions: MartiMart
First, glad no serious injuries or serious physical damage sounds to have been done.

Assuming it’s a version of the Tesla wall connector. iirc Tesla cable has, amongst the ‘Tesla button’, other non charge related bits in the cable so will need to be Tesla specific.

I suspect a replacement wall connector will be easiest and probably little in it wrt price as cables are not cheap in their own right and require specific termination.

Speak to your local SC. The cable shows as a separate item in the EPC but then no part code is given which is a bit odd, especially as it is the same for the glass front and you can get that as a replacement.

Reactions: MartiMart
Thanks for all your replies. Logged it with Tesla who are looking to see if they can provide cable only. I’ve got an electrician ready to link it to the wall connector. I’ll probably have to get a whole new wall connector knowing how Tesla work.

It does have the button on the handle like the superchargers, and I think I’d prefer to stay with a official Tesla cable.

Thanks again for all your responses, really appreciated.