Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector won't connect to my wifi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just had my Tesla Wall Connector installed yesterday 6/25/2022 and I tested it on charging the car and it worked. I have a 60amp but getting a speed of 12 kW (see pic below). Is that right?

Nevertheless, the real issue is it won't connect to the internet. The TeslaWallConnector network shows up on my phones but when I select it it ends up with "No Internet Connection" message (pic below). I rebooted my modem/router and flipped the breaker on the Tesla unit off and back on and still same message - No Internet Connection. I contacted my internet provided they checked everything and it's all good on their end. I thought maybe the unit is out of range because it's outside my home but when I'm out there with any device they work fine. Even the car received several updates via wifi before I had the charger installed so I don't believe it can be a range issue. I've attached a few pics - maybe someone might see something I don't that can be causing the issue. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Attachments

• Phone message.png
    Phone message.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 60 Amp breaker.jpeg
    60 Amp breaker.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 465
  • Tesla unit location outdoor driveway.jpeg
    Tesla unit location outdoor driveway.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 426
  • Charging Speed.png
    Charging Speed.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Driveway.jpeg
    Driveway.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
@ReyRoc

This is by design, mine are the same way. The wifi from the wall connector is temporary for you to connect to/change settings/upload manual firmware. Even after successfully connecting the wall connector to your wifi router, this will still show no internet connection when you rejoin it.

Said another way, the wall connector is not a typical wifi connected appliance for you to connect to in your network (like most other devices). Based on your pictures, all looks right!

If not aware (and since your unit is outside), you can set the wall connector to all makes/models, Teslas only...or even just your specific car (if desired for security).

EDIT: One picture not provided to show successfully connected to wifi is on the main screen. Connect to the wallconnector wifi, then go on your browser to 192.168.92.1, on the main page if wifi shows connected, there's nothing else to do.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and ATPMSD
@ReyRoc

This is by design, mine are the same way. The wifi from the wall connector is temporary for you to connect to/change settings/upload manual firmware. Even after successfully connecting the wall connector to your wifi router, this will still show no internet connection when you rejoin it.

Said another way, the wall connector is not a typical wifi connected appliance for you to connect to in your network (like most other devices). Based on your pictures, all looks right!

If not aware (and since your unit is outside), you can set the wall connector to all makes/models, Teslas only...or even just your specific car (if desired for security).

EDIT: One picture not provided to show successfully connected to wifi is on the main screen. Connect to the wallconnector wifi, then go on your browser to 192.168.92.1, on the main page if wifi shows connected, there's nothing else to do.
Oh so it’s supposed to say that, ok well that’s good to know. Thing is it never”successfully connects” to my router. So I went to the main page and it reads not connected.

Trouble connecting to Home Wifi: Wall connector - joined to WiFi, but can only manage on built in WiFi broadcast

See post #9 re Mesh WiFi and WPA3 (The Gen3 Wall Connector does not currently support WPA3, only WPA2.)
Yes, had this same issue with my wall connector. Created a guest network that only used WPA2 and then was able to upgrade the firmware and still has the same issue. So you could create a guest network with only WPA2 or just use WPA2 on your main wireless network or use a totally different access point for the wall connector.

Adding a bit more detail to this post - if you are on an Eero network, you need to go into "eero labs" in the eero app and turn off "WPA3." If that's on, your wall connector will not connect to the Eero mesh network.

Took me a couple hours of searching the internet and fumbling around to remember I had it turned on.

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I'm having the devil of a time getting the wall connector to the internet.

I have an Asus TM-AC1900 router that has the following authentication methods
  1. Open System
  2. WPA2-Personal /AES
  3. WPA-Auto-Personal /AES, TKIP+AES
  4. WPA2-Enterprise /AES
  5. WPA-Auto-Enterprise /AES, TKIP+AES
I tried every permutation. Nothing works. In desperation, I even tried Open, but then the SSID doesn't even show up

I even tried hotspot from my phone (WPA2-Personal). Even that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I'm having the devil of a time getting the wall connector to the internet.

I have an Asus TM-AC1900 router that has the following authentication methods
  1. Open System
  2. WPA2-Personal /AES
  3. WPA-Auto-Personal /AES, TKIP+AES
  4. WPA2-Enterprise /AES
  5. WPA-Auto-Enterprise /AES, TKIP+AES
I tried every permutation. Nothing works. In desperation, I even tried Open, but then the SSID doesn't even show up

I even tried hotspot from my phone (WPA2-Personal). Even that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

After various attempts, finally got it working using #3 WPA-Auto-Personal /TKIP+AES

Thanks to all the folks who figured this out. Didn't work at first though. So if anyone else has the issue, just try a few times.

Reactions: Cyberspeed