Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to be on TV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a more direct link just for the Tesla segment:

Voici le premier bolide électrique - Vidéo du journal televise : Le journal de 20h - TF1

Can someone translate?

3532120829_cdbb2e0904.jpg

Another plate, NUKULER

So Steve, you are Radiant Red beige/beige, not Avatar Orange?

Right. The Avatar was from a picture taken when I did a test drive, and since I took delivery of MY car my camera has been broken and I haven't had a chance to update the avatar. I'll get to it one day, but I'm having too much fun enjoying and driving the car to worry about that yet! :biggrin:

Right, Doug's translation is roughly:

In 20 years time, the classic cars (ICE cars) will be obsolete. The only problem with electric cars today is the price of the batteries, but this will come down.

And Steve's

Listen as we accelerate. It doesn't make any noise... commentator says it does 0-100 in under 4 seconds and something about standing on the mushrooms (French for putting your foot down) and having a clear conscience... It's an eco-friendly car and for me it is important to not to contribute to climate change. It's also a sexy car.

I only got a B in French, so I can't guarantee absolute accuracy, but I did run it past a French colleague who said it sounded about right :biggrin:

Right, Doug's translation is roughly:
In 20 years time, the classic cars (ICE cars) will be obsolete. The only problem with electric cars today is the price of the batteries, but this will come down.

Ahh... but that's not what I said, at least not what I meant. They asked me if I thought gas cars would be obsolete in 20 years. I said not quite. There will likely still be gas cars around. I didn't want to be nailed down on a time, being asked to predict the future. But I said I expected a future where the ICE cars would be classic cars.