Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to buy a Model 3, insurance is crazy expensive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

So I'm 25, never had a car before (I'm not American, but I live in California right now) and want to buy a Model 3.

I tried a few quotes online and I'm seeing some crazy numbers, $300/month minimum and I'm seeing some go to $700 (ameriprise).

Does anyone know how I could get this lowered down? Is there any way to negotiate? Would Tesla insurance offer me a better rate? I'm working remote (not just because of the situation, my work is remote), so I wouldn't drive it that much (if that matters).

Did you get a quote from Tesla Insurance since you live in Cali? My monthly payment is under 100$ per month with Tesla Insurance.

Reactions: mlkmade
Hello,

So I'm 25, never had a car before (I'm not American, but I live in California right now) and want to buy a Model 3.

I tried a few quotes online and I'm seeing some crazy numbers, $300/month minimum and I'm seeing some go to $700 (ameriprise).

Does anyone know how I could get this lowered down? Is there any way to negotiate? Would Tesla insurance offer me a better rate? I'm working remote (not just because of the situation, my work is remote), so I wouldn't drive it that much (if that matters).

If you're in CA, you definitely want to get insurance from Tesla. If you work at home and don't drive much, you should consider Metromile. They charge a low flat rate and then per mile (you plug a dongle into the car).

• Informative
Reactions: focher