TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Want to upgrade to Ludicrous

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by AMPd, Nov 27, 2016.

1. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I'd like to upgrade my P90D to ludicrous, that option is off the site, I asked my local service center and got different responses from the staff on 3 different occasions.

Does anyone know for sure if the upgrade is still available even though it's off the website?

2. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

I don't have a source, but from what I've read on TMC I don't think you can get the Lud upgrade on a P90D any longer. You might be able to upgrade to the 100 battery though and then get the Lud upgrade.

• Informative x 1
  3. dhcp

dhcp Member

That would become a ludicrously expensive upgrade to replace the entire battery pack just to get the upgrade. Does it come standard on the P100D or is there still a $5k or $10k charge on top of it?

4. Mach Schnell!

Mach Schnell! Gearhead, Engineer & P100D(L) Pilot

Ludicrous mode is standard now on Model S P100D. (I have one on order.) The high cost is baked into the price.

5. hollywood

hollywood Member

If upgrading from p90d to p100d it's $20kwith another $10k for ludicrous I believe

6. P85DEE

P85DEE Active Member

If that's the case, then I think I can see where this is headed.

All current P100Ds will have Ludicrous.

And then at some point, an in one of the next renditions of the P100D will come with an option for maximum plaid, which will carry an up charge.

7. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Thank you all for the replies, boy do I wish TM employees knew what they were talking about.
    It's getting harder and harder believing anything they say

Not trying to offend them, just wish they'd just say they don't know rather than give me false info.

8. Sandman1962

Sandman1962 Member

#8 Sandman1962, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    I investigated this upgrade, and I was told we can still get the L upgrade for $10K. And for $20K you can have the 100 kWh battery upgrade. Total for both a ludicrous $30K. I've convinced myself that the P90D Insane mode is actually plenty fast.

However, if some morning, I get into the S and the screen has an offer for L upgrade for $5000 "buy it now"...I think I could not stop my finger from clicking it.

• Funny x 1
  9. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

5k would be a very difficult deal to pass up.

10. sorka

sorka Active Member

There are no P100Ds with Insane mode but that's what you'd get if you spent $20K on the battery and didn't buy Ludicrous? That would make it a unicorn? Will Tesla even configure the software for the P100D to not have L?