TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wanted - Lease TakeOver

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TheGreat1, Aug 3, 2017.

1. TheGreat1

TheGreat1 New Member

Hopefully this is allowed here, I'm looking to take over a short term lease until my model 3 is available ~ Early/Mid 2019. Current lease expires early December.

Here's what I'm looking for:
    • AWD a Must
    • Must have warranty for remainder of lease (given I think)
    • Prefer Model X, but S okay too
    • Looking for most economic takeover, so performance or higher battery not necessary.
    • Prefer Blue/White or Black
    • Dreaming of the White Vegan Seats, but that or Black would be fine - really don't care for Tan, but would consider.
    • Any other options are nice to have but not necessary.
    • I'm in Ontario, but willing to travel.
    • All service records, and service up to date
    • Transparency about why your getting rid of it (just don't want a lemon)
    Please leave a reply here and dm me as well.

Many thanks!

2. wayner

wayner Active Member

You are being kind of picky when you consider that as of the end of Q1-2017 there have only been 581 Model Xs and 2485 Model Ss sold in Ontario and I am guessing that no more than half of the Model Ss are AWD.

3. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

Just curious as to why you think AWD is a must!
    I had my first Model S with rear wheel drive and I had to traverse the most dangerous of roads in Winter when I got it and not a single issue.
    The only reason Tesla offered it was because people were complaining that the other makers offered it and said they won't buy into Tesla unless they have it. Tesla capitulated!
    I have it on my 2016 but would have preferred the extra storage space by far.

4. TheGreat1

TheGreat1 New Member

Whereabouts in Canada are you? I live in Northern Ontario so I feel it's a necessity, plus my gf lives on a winding road just outside of the city that gets plowed last, and I'm also towing 2 kids around from school.

5. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Just an FYI since you're new to Tesla. My RWD Model S performs much better in the snow compared to my previous 2012 VW Tiguan with AWD. I can imagine the AWD will perform much better, but the RWD isn't a Crown Victoria.

Disclosure: I have Hakkapeliitta R2 winter tires on the Tesla and had Blizzak on the Tiguan.

• Informative x 1
  6. TheGreat1

TheGreat1 New Member

Very much appreciated. I think if it wasn't for the kids, and it was just me driving I would.

7. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

Many of us have kids ... and Tesla RWD cars ... and Hakka R2 winter tires ... and we're still here.

8. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

I think what he's saying is AWD will always be the safer route to go over RWD hands down...especially in winter driving conditions. Tires being equal of course.

9. Struja

Struja Member

I got my S in AWD if nor no other reason is because I was gun-shy.

When I test drove the Model S for the first time, the sales guy was pretty adamant that I didn't need AWD (he actually said I didn't even need snow tires - I live in Toronto). However, my experience with my IS350 (RWD) with Blizzaks was sooooooooo bad, I didn't want to take the chance.

I have no doubt the RWD Tesla would have been WAY better than my IS but I wasn't taking any chances.