Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warm Silver Pictures (aka Titanium)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not a fan of this color at all. The chrome gets "lost" in the color. It doesn't accentuate the lines of the car to me either. They need to add a burnt orange and a metallic green to the palette. The car deserves a bright, in your face, color - other than the red.

I'm not a fan of this color at all. The chrome gets "lost" in the color. It doesn't accentuate the lines of the car to me either. They need to add a burnt orange and a metallic green to the palette. The car deserves a bright, in your face, color - other than the red.

This color never gets dirty :)
The rule about car colors - the prettier it looks, the harder it is to keep clean and keep looking good.
In order of "hard to keep clean" Tesla colors (worst to best)

1. Black or Obsidian black being a very close second.
1.1 Old Blue
2. Midnight silver metallic, Old Brown
3. Deep metallic Blue, Old Green
4. Red
5. White or pearl white being a very close second.
6. Old Silver
7. Titanium

Another way to look at it is,
- If you are not someone who will clean your car all the time (black needs washing every week and waxing every other week), then stick with low maint. colors. They won't look great, but they'll look good all the time.
- And if you are willing to put in the work, then the high maint. colors really show your hard work.

To me the titanium doesn't look bad. But doesn't look super dashing either. But I am sure a dirty titanium will look far better than a dirty black.
Just imagine pollen on black vs pollen on titanium. Now imagine a rock chip. Titanium will very easily hide all the blemishes. I suspect this will be a very popular color.

And yes I know you are glad you got an 85D.

- - - Updated - - -

The more photos I see of the Titanium the more it looks like a luxury car like rolls or Bentley.

Ok lets not get carried away here :)

WP_20150421_005.jpg

Bonlaw, did you xpel your previous Tesla also? What made you decide xpel'ing this one?

I coated my last Tesla with 22PLE. It gave the car a very slick wet look. I did not film it, because I figured for the cost of film I could repaint it. That was way off, Tesla repainting is very expensive. After two years there were several chips to the front and a scrape to the hood. So with this one, I filmed the front with Suntek and then used Modesta, a glass based coating to protect the paint. I happen to be somewhat fanatical with the car, including weekly wash and detail spray almost daily.

I coated my last Tesla with 22PLE. It gave the car a very slick wet look. I did not film it, because I figured for the cost of film I could repaint it. That was way off, Tesla repainting is very expensive. After two years there were several chips to the front and a scrape to the hood. So with this one, I filmed the front with Suntek and then used Modesta, a glass based coating to protect the paint. I happen to be somewhat fanatical with the car, including weekly wash and detail spray almost daily.

Thanks Bonlaw, would you say .. if you get film (xpel or suntek), the modesta part is necessary? Would waxing be enough, if done say 4x a year?
In your experience on the prev. car, did you get any blemishes on the behind half of the car?
Sorry I'm asking too many questions.

Last edited:
@ kuttakimina
I only wrapped the front hood, fenders and bumper areas plus back of rear view mirrors. The film is for the protection. The Modesta or 22PLE or cQuatz finest etc. also protect the paint (doesn't stop rocks) and provide a shiny coating that makes upkeep easier.
My last Tesla with only the 22ple, aside from the hood scrape and a couple of rock chips on the front fender, was immaculate and always looked shiny and slick. Of course I park where no one else is so no car door or bumper dings. I also keep a towel in the side trunk opening and lay it over the bottom of the rear lip and bumper when moving heavy items in and out of the trunk. Is that TMI? I'm really not compulsive at all, but do take car of my cars.

Has anyone seen the titanium color with dark rims? I ordered 19" cyclones, but that had more to do with the ride. Am thinking of powder coating them when it is delivered (late June) but would love to see it on a car first.

No pics of the Titanium, but looking at this brown Model S with the dark wheels, it pops so much compared to the other coloured Telsas.

love the Titanium, my favourite colour at the moment.

Brown-Grey-Model-S-Supercharger-1024x682.jpg

I was very impressed with the photos of the Titanium Metallic paint color. Then this week, a 70D was delivered to my local SC here in Milford, CT.
Upon seeing this color for the first time, in person, and in real daylight, I am now no longer considering it as my color choice.
I am back to the Midnight Silver Metallic or the Red Multi-Coat.

I think that's the key, you have to see this color in daylight, outside. Then make a decision.
I am told the showroom lighting is not friendly to it and makes it look greener under the artificial bulbs.
I could imagine how fluorescents would just make this look sick and not in the good way.