TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Warming up the car (at least until the app gets released)

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jhs_7645, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

How can I the turn the car on so that it can warm up the interior before I leave for work in the AM? Say I just want to walk outside, 'turn the car on' then go back in, get my coffee, etc… then go back out and hop in a toasty warm car to start my day.

- - - Updated - - -

One note, if being unlocked is a requirement of this, that's OK.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Leave the door ajar one click.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Many threads already on this issue. Basically, you do a range charge at a very low charge rate before you leave.

4. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

I thought the range charge trick was to get the battery pack warm. I was interested in the cabin. Doug_G I believe has the answer.

5. Zextraterrestrial

yes.

but if you want a warmer battery if it is cold out then leave the car on a trickle charge and you should have full regen when you leave (maybe not in extreme cold temps but works just below freezing)

6. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

If it's your own garage, wouldn't leaving the key in allow the car to stay on (haven't tried this yet, guessing)?