Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warped glass is getting worse and spreading.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This model 3 is the car that keeps on giving!

So got out of the car this afternoon to see multiple areas of the glass warping / showing more flat spots. They also look out of alignment and are easy to push down on the outside with my fingers like seated on a soft pad. So does this mean I now need to have all 3 bits of glass replaced on a new car? Shocking quality I have never experienced this with any car before.

Should the top centre glass be in line or should it be off like this? Also now have the front bumper corner starting to protrude as in the photos.
IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1113.JPG
image0 (3).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    547 KB · Views: 66
OP - are you talking about the curvature of the glass? do you have documentation/previous pictures of your glass prior? the cooling techniques can definitely give the appearance "warp" or flared edges. I think I can assume what you're talking about. glass CAN warp, but it's hard to fathom that enough heat would be generated from the vehicle to do so.

I would caution, after decades of working with dealerships, that Tesla SC MIGHT take issue with your Amazon rubber insert.

Your first pic:
Our M3's rear window has a little of that upward curve at the front edge, but nothing has changed since we picked it up 6k miles ago. I don't mean to minimize your annoyance but could what seems like worsening be an illusion, from the reflection's straight lines? In any case, the 6th/7th row of reflected bricks do seem to show lots of curve.

I'm not seeing unusual distortion in the other pics, but then my eyes aren't young. Could you re-post circled versions?

So got out of the car this afternoon to see multiple areas of the glass warping / showing more flat spots. They also look out of alignment and are easy to push down on the outside with my fingers like seated on a soft pad. So does this mean I now need to have all 3 bits of glass replaced on a new car? Shocking quality I have never experienced this with any car before.

Should the top centre glass be in line or should it be off like this? Also now have the front bumper corner starting to protrude as in the photos.View attachment 519832
View attachment 519833 View attachment 519834 View attachment 519836 View attachment 519831

Looks like the glass could be positioned better. Just live with it IMO if it's not leaking. You really want someone in the service department ripping apart your new vehicle. You will end up for more problems then solutions. The bumper could be pushed in i am sure by a mobile service tech. That shouldn't be a big deal at all

Reactions: neptunesfinest

Should the top centre glass be in line or should it be off like this? Also now have the front bumper corner starting to protrude as in the photos.View attachment 519832
View attachment 519833 View attachment 519834 View attachment 519836 View attachment 519831
I know glass is hard to take pics of, so it's hard to see the warping and flattish spots. Anyhow, the placement of the pieces looks off. Don't know if it's out of spec, but I'd have that checked. The glass is made by St. Gobain, on my Model 3, and they make glass for just about everyone.

Looks like the glass could be positioned better. Just live with it IMO if it's not leaking. You really want someone in the service department ripping apart your new vehicle. You will end up for more problems then solutions. The bumper could be pushed in i am sure by a mobile service tech. That shouldn't be a big deal at all

All comes part with new car ownership right... first time for me hell no I will not live with it.

Yes it shows the change in surface angle.

reminds me of the photography forums where lens reviewers would 'take a photo of a brick wall' so you could see the distortion levels.

when I was trying to get a windshield replaced (many years ago) and the glass the installer was trying to give me was very distorted; so when he came out the next time with a new brand of windshield, I brought out some graph paper and moved it around to see what the bending might be like, for that instance.

yeah, good idea, cert.