Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty Extension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought it at the 180 days of ownership point to avoid the price increase. For those who haven't looked, the extended warranty must be bought within 180 days of taking delivery for the cheaper price. After that the price goes up. Figured I would want it and might as well lock in the lower price...

I am at 46k, and I don’t think I will get the warranty.

It is $4k for 50k miles/4y, 3 years of driving for me.

I can replace a handle every year and be ahead, and even an extra one if you consider the $200 deductible each time.

46k, I have done no maintenance check, the car was in the shop a few times, the only thing that would have been out of warranty is a door handle (ha).

I think I will do the 50k check up, and that’s it. I like the peace of mind, but 4K for 3 years is too much.

Reactions: JPUConn
I think @appleguru is right. I was just evaluating purchasing the same plan and there is a time and mileage limit after warranty expiration. I'm just slightly below 50k miles. I expect I will buy it as I can't see rolling the dice on any significant repair issue.

So, i bought the 2 yr plan last night. And despite being way past 180 days of ownership the price was at the lower amount. I would note that the time I got the car (June'15), I'm pretty sure there was no option available for an extended service plan, and I'm 100% sure the 2 yr option didnt exist, until recently. Fom my perspective the $2100, is worth the piece of mind to not worry about uncapped risk of a future repair. Plus its refundable on a pro-rated basis if I do decide to upgrade sooner than at the end of my lease (still waiting to see about refresh items).