Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty when buying used

Mrjdubya85

Jan 24, 2021
Washington
Hello! I searched around, Tesla chat couldn’t answer and my local service dept is closed... looking for an answer ASAP.

I’m buying a used 2019 model 3 performance with 9k miles from a dealer, but not from Tesla. What warranty will come with this car ??

thanks!

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Remaining new vehicle limited warranty that came with the vehicle when new should transfer with subsequent owners.

Ownership transfer in documents located on below link.

Ref: Vehicle Warranty

Yeah, the remaining new car vehicle warranty (which is 4 years 50k miles) based on the date the car was sold..... as long as the car doesnt have a branded title (salvage or any branded title situation).

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
SF Bay Area, CA
Bought my 2018 Model 3 from Carvana with 28k miles this past October and it still has two years and 22,000 miles warranty on it. Just used it to get some minor fixes from mobile service done at no cost.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC